Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this forum ever recover from 9/11 and Iraq?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of us are married.

Next question.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre

Very sentimental... Now, who will make a similar slideshow for all the Iraqi children your heroes have shredded? Here's a cool action picture to start with:
      Wait, I don't get it. Why is he levitating in a weird position with one arm outstretched?
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• *imagines a levitating Saddam*

Great Trollthread.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Why is this a troll thread? This forum is kaput if it ends up being just a few American mods supervising a handful of Israelis plus stefu.
          Last edited by Alexander's Horse; April 8, 2003, 02:50.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
            *imagines a levitating Saddam*

Great Trollthread.
            It is clearly a statue of Saddam, and, in addition, it looks somewhat like he's giving a Nazi salute. Olaf, are you seriously trying to compare the bulldozing of this statue, which is not only ugly, but made in the image of a dictator, to an attack on the WTC that caused thousands of deaths?

Is this supposed to be a horrendous war-crime?

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior

Is this supposed to be a horrendous war-crime?

No. If you read my post above, you will see that I referred to shredding of Iraqi kids, but for some peculiar reason, images of that is not allowed here. So instead, a symbolic Saddam statue would have to do. The link posted by Slowwhand contained dramatic action-pictures of 9/11, so I gave you a dramatic action-picture from Iraq.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If this forum ever got over 9/11 or the Iraq war, most people would have little to talk about.
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• 9/11. Never forget. No way. No how.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      Why is this a troll thread? This forum is kaput if it ends up being just a few American mods supervising a handful of Israelis plus stefu.

Question asked and answered....

Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You people should do what I do. Come here for up-to-date news, check out the many links on the issue, read the different opinions posted, then after you've formed your own opinion, switch on FOX News and see what you were supposed to think.

RAH
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          9/11. Never forget. No way. No how.
                          I second that.
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Well, in fact, the events after 11/9/2001 and specially the Israeli agression in Palestine and the current war in Iraq have gradually alienated me from the OTF. The place is unfortunately dominated by the American posters (specially the reactionaries) who act like they own the place and sneer at all voices of logic. Whenever I try to discuss these topics, I feel like shouting to a wall, which is a thing that I don't prefer to do, in comparison with living my real life. I can't even get to ignore the reactionaries in here, because I see views that come in such a contrast with common decency that it makes my blood boil and my tongue start cursing them.

To all sensible people in Apolyton I have to say that I'm really sorry that I am unable to keep up.

To the others, all I have to say is that I hope that they will be online, chanting "USA!" when the next suicide attack sends them to their death.
                            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                            George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by axi
                              To all sensible people in Apolyton I have to say that I'm really sorry that I am unable to keep up.

To the others, all I have to say is that I hope that they will be online, chanting "USA!" when the next suicide attack sends them to their death.

I guess it's more sensible to hope that other posters die...

Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• USA!
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X