Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do YOU fall on the political compass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty centrist, as I expected. Can't remember my numbers exactly, but I know they were both between zero and negative 1.5.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
      Authoritarian/Libertarian: -8.46

And this test is still as manifestly screwed as it was last time. Gives mostly the right result for me, but it's still screwed. Their axes as well as half their interpretations are screwed.
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Economic Left/Right: 0.50
        Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.13

Pretty good I'd say. I was basically right down the middle on the left/right scale and way on the Libertarian.
        Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Neo-liberal... I like that term, I think I'll begin calling myself that. It fits.

Furthermore, I was alarmed to see Tony Blair on the Authoritarian side....

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

This test is somewhat wrong. There are many questions to which I wanted to have a banana answer.

It's the third time I am taking it, and It's the third kind of results.

Economic Left/Right: -8.38
            Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.49
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

-4.12 Economic Left
              -5.79 Libertarian
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The other thing is that the economic questions are pretty bogus too...

I mean, there's questions about restriction of corporations, but there aren't any questions about the helping of corporations either. I mean, I feel like a businessman has the right to run his company as he wishes and sell to whom he wishes, but I also don't want to give him heaping sums of public money either to do it! Or unfairly skew the tax system in favor of large corporations as opposed to the small businessmen either.

That's where Republicans and their alleged free market philosophy go vastly different paths.

Comment

an american directed test, but somehow, I feel that it is better. ( It is more vague, though. )

South-You are a Southerner-an egalitarian-which means that you advocate an increased role for the government in the economic realm. You are more or less pleased the government's role in the personal realm.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Economic: 0.50
                    Libertarian: -6.50
                    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

why am I not surprised to see huge negative numbers from so many forumers here?

Comment

I made this a while back...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
                          Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.87

seems like they had a hard time categorising me.

Neither right nor left.

Neither authoritarian or libertarian.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ah, this again?

Economic Left/Right: 4.62
                            Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.64

Closest to Charles Kennedy in 1996, but a bit more economically right.

On red_jon's chart I'm closest to Dan Severn and DinoDoc.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

why am I not surprised to see huge negative numbers from so many forumers here?
                              A) Is that bad?

and B) in which category? Authoritarian/Libertarian? or economic? or both?

Comment

Economic Left/Right: 5.75
                                Authoritarian/Libertarian: 4.77

am i the first to get into the positives?

thanks
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X