Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do YOU fall on the political compass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albert Speer
    Economic Left/Right: 5.75
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: 4.77

am i the first to get into the positives?

thanks
    Economic Left/Right: 0.25
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: 1.18

I am barely over the line. I think so far I am the most moderate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
      Authoritarian/Libertarian: 1.18

I am barely over the line. I think so far I am the most moderate.
      Moderate, according to the site, anyway. Looks like it was calibrated with British politicians, who are probably a tad more conservative on average than 20something computer game addicts.

Interesting to see where I compare with other Apolytoners on red_jon's chart. I find myself agreeing with Boris a lot, and sure enough, we have very similar scores. Too bad I'm not gay
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

STYOM, we have the same economic score. I think you should give me half of your portfolio.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

Moderate, according to the site, anyway. Looks like it was calibrated with British politicians, who are probably a tad more conservative on average than 20something computer game addicts.
          I doubt it's that - most of the older non-computer game addicts I know show a similar trend. Ordinary folks tend to the lower left and those who actually run things tend to the upper right. In ordinary politico-speak it is called the "democracy gap".
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

why is apolyton so liberal? is it the fact that posters are all whites? mostly europeans? rich? college students?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Agathon:

in the united states, it's undoubtedly the other way around. the average American is more conservative than the average political elitist... activists, congressmen, and senators (until the recent resurgence of republicans into congress) have tended to be more liberal than the populace

thanks
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I doubt it's that - most of the older non-computer game addicts I know show a similar trend. Ordinary folks tend to the lower left and those who actually run things tend to the upper right. In ordinary politico-speak it is called the "democracy gap".
                I was being a little flip. Politicians tend to be wealthy and more interested in running things than the average person; this is how I can understand the democracy gap

@St Leo - sadly, I'm not so liberal as to give you half my $$. The government does enough of that for me
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Economic Left/Right: 0.00
                  Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.00
                  Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                    Agathon:

in the united states, it's undoubtedly the other way around. the average American is more conservative than the average political elitist... activists, congressmen, and senators (until the recent resurgence of republicans into congress) have tended to be more liberal than the populace
                    I really doubt this. I think they are probably quite socially conservative (against gay rights, etc.) but I think you will find that they still fall way short of their bosses when it comes to authoritarianism, just as most people on here have done.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Patashu
                      Economic Left/Right: 0.00
                      Authoritarian/Libertarian: 0.00
                      Didn't take the quiz, eh?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Didn't take the quiz, eh?
                        I'm too smart for them If I don't take their quiz, they can't suck my brains out! mwhahahaha!
                        Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Left 7.75

Libertarian 4.10

Comment

Economic Left/Right: 6.25
                            Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.82

I went back and changed all answers to strong agree or strong disagree just to see if wishy washy answers effect the score dramatically, I got:

Economic Left/Right: 6.50
                            Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.92

Not much difference.

Now I'll go back and answer only those questions I fully understand and have a strong opinion on.

Economic Left/Right: 7.12
                            Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.62

Has to be that abortion question keeping my vertical score in the 2-3 range.

Changed my answers on abortion and the death penalty:

Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.28 Not a big difference.

For those complaining about some of the questions, try re-taking the test and leave those questions unanswered. Not sure if the site will take you back to those and require answers...
                            Last edited by Berzerker; March 28, 2003, 23:32.

Comment

The first time I took the test, I thought some of the questions were highly suspect too, but if you look at their explanations, you'll see that they deliberately put some questions in that are open to wide interpretations. Don't know if that legitimizes everyting, but they do take it into account.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Pretty much the same as usual for me:

Economic Left/Right: 2.00
                                Authoritaian/Libertarian: -4.46

Pretty much where Charle Kennedy was and where noone is now

No wonder that at the last election I purposefully spoiled my ballot in disgust at all the parties.
                                19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Working...
                                X