Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do YOU fall on the political compass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do YOU fall on the political compass?

A typology of political opinions plotted on 2 dimensions: economic and social.

Mine:

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -6.00
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.56

(A few points off of Ghandi heh)

I think Bush stole the election and is lining the pockets of the rich, I think abortion is murder-I support our troops and think the war in Iraq is a good idea(Though while the whole world hates the U.S. we may as well go into Iran and Saudi Arabia-as we'll have to confront them eventually). I also a VERRRRRRRY strong enviromentalist who supports the legalization of pot(though I have no desire to do drugs-but what other people wish to do is their buisness). Your rights end where mine begin......I usually hate these political polls but I think this one actually reflects me descently.

Economic Left/Right: -3.00
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.26

Moderately left.
    Blah

Comment

I think we did this one before.

Your political compass
      Economic Left/Right: -7.75
      Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.77
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What does this question mean ?
        Everyone has their rights, but it is better for all of us that different sorts of people should keep to their own kind.

thx
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well
          Economic Left/Right : -8.00
          Authoritarian/Libertarian : -6.97
          Better than Red Ken
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Red Ken is a whuz
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Last time I did it

Economic: 3.62
              Authoritarian: -4.21
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                What does this question mean ?
                Everyone has their rights, but it is better for all of us that different sorts of people should keep to their own kind.

thx
                It seems to be checking racist tendencies i.e. keeping with ones own kind. If you agreed, you might see people as having fundamental rights but would oppose racial intermarriage or even racial mixing in neighborhoods.

Another alternative is soci-economic classes where you think that people should not try to move beyond their "class".
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Your political compass
                  Economic Left/Right: -5.50
                  Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.46
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

A lot of these questions get different answers simply because of ambiguity.

This particular question ill-defines groups. For example I think it not a good idea that a group of Soviet-Style Communists should be meeting with a group of Neo-Nazis. Or that a group of atheists share a convention centre at the same time as vociferous Christian fundamentalists. Neither should England supporters be put in the same supporter stands as Germans at football stadia. etc...
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      I think we did this one before.
                      Only about a million times.

Your political compass
                      Economic Left/Right: -4.62
                      Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.64
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

- 0.5 Left
                        - 5.54 Libertarian

A very very moderate Eurocom, it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                          A lot of these questions get different answers simply because of ambiguity.

This particular question ill-defines groups. For example I think it not a good idea that a group of Soviet-Style Communists should be meeting with a group of Neo-Nazis. Or that a group of atheists share a convention centre at the same time as vociferous Christian fundamentalists. Neither should England supporters be put in the same supporter stands as Germans at football stadia. etc...
                          Nah, I say mix 'em up.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I usually fall on my shoulder when I fall on the political compass. This unfortunately leads to a lot of separated shoulders...
                            When one is someone, why should one want to be something?
                            ~Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That test is sorely in need of "beats me" and "who gives a rat's arse?" options.
                              Be that as it may, -3.5 and -1.74, for what it's worth. I would have chosen more neutral answers on most of those if I could. Situationally appropriate response and all that.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X