No announcement yet.

Oscars: follow the show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's in the right, and it doesn't really matter who booed and who clapped.

Except... that he's wrong .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Only to deluded folks like yourself, Imran.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'd like to see someone get politics out of the Oscars speeches. It would be easier to get booze and drugs out of Hollywood.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Enough on Moore, damn it

Some of you agree, some of you don't..we really don't CARE! As if we couldn't guess who agree with him or not based on the last 10,000 posts made by people here on the issue!

Talk MOVIES people, MOVIES!

I really wanted the pianist to win, but it odes not surprise me that Chicago won.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Okay, lets talk movies. Why is it that forgettable movies usually get Oscars and movies that turn out to be all time classics often miss out?
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Because the Oscars are voted upon by a relatively conservative (tastewise) academy.

Comment

Only to deluded folks like yourself, Imran.

Likewise.

Okay, lets talk movies. Why is it that forgettable movies usually get Oscars and movies that turn out to be all time classics often miss out?

Because most of the voters are old fogeys?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  Enough on Moore, damn it

Some of you agree, some of you don't..we really don't CARE! As if we couldn't guess who agree with him or not based on the last 10,000 posts made by people here on the issue!

Talk MOVIES people, MOVIES!

I really wanted the pianist to win, but it odes not surprise me that Chicago won.
                  With the nearly universal stream of crud that's come out of Hollywood this past year I find it difficult to get excited about the base subject.

From the best picture category I've seen only LOTR2, and would not consider subjecting myself to any of the other pictures besides, perhaps, The Pianist. LOTR2 was not the stuff that Oscars are made of, either...

And given the spate of Holocaust and WWII movies over the last decade I wonder if The Pianist would be worth my time, or if I would (as I suspect) unfairly dismiss it as tripe simply because of the "Schindler's List" effect...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"The Pianist" is nothing like "Schindler's List". In fact the few negative reviews it has gotten are based on people calling it "emotionally distant".

I highly recommmend the film. I think it is the best film mad about the Holocaust to date.

Comment

• That's the only reason I watched the Oscars.

I knew some jackass would make a fool of himself.

Good show!

Comment

• You could also avoid Hollywood and speak about best documentary, foreign film, the technical awards, so forth and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                          "The Pianist" is nothing like "Schindler's List". In fact the few negative reviews it has gotten are based on people calling it "emotionally distant".

I highly recommmend the film. I think it is the best film mad about the Holocaust to date.
                          That's my point: I'd be too busy comparing it to SL to judge it on its own merits.

I might try it, but I'm worried about my reaction to it.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Did Halle really pee herself?

pictures please? yes I'm a sick bastard. I'm not going to get off on them. just curiosity.

You always hear stories of womens pissing themself, but I have never actually witnessed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger

That's my point: I'd be too busy comparing it to SL to judge it on its own merits.

I might try it, but I'm worried about my reaction to it.
                              I see very little in it to compare it to SL, besides the overall subject manner.

Also, Brody's performance is worth the Oscar he got.

Comment

• i think oscar's are big joke
                                why mies vailla menneisyysstä did'int win ?
                                gowabunga!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X