Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishful thinking, Asher .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I would suppose that at a young age it may be difficult to appreciate the qualities of the Midwest.

As a native Hoosier, living in the paradise of San Francisco, I will tell you that it is about time for me to head back to the midwest or southeast.
      Be the bid!

Comment

Its always interesting watching the peons and serfs bicker among themselves from the great Capital of the World.

Suckers!!!
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

NY isn't even the capital of it's own state or country
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not to mention the most hated City by an entire religion

Comment

*Chicago vs. Springfield* ahem...

If NY is so hated, then why is it one of just a handful of American cities not hemmoraging people but growing instead?

I never got this idocy of the Midwest being the "Heartland". Please..you guys in your Jeffersonian fantasy land. Hamilton was correct about what America would become, and as they say, the Business of America is Business, and New York is the center of that.

NYC is the American dream personafied in a way no dink Midwest Burg is. Even all this anti-new york crap..were does it come from? How funds it? NY does.

Now maybe some of you are too languid to survive the pace of this place, maybe you can't cut it among the throngs of world-wide humanity and seek refuge within your home away form the world, but don't act is you were somehow better off for it.

Comment

Chicago isn't even the capital of it's own state... It doesn't matter - the title capital of the world depends on which city is the most important in the world, it has nothing to do with federal or local politics...

bring it on, flatlanders! as a new englander, I can take verbal abuse, which is more than I can say for some mid-westerners...
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

Re: The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Originally posted by monolith94
                  Why is it? Is it there complete lack of personality? Is it the way they can look at you in the face and smile, while hating you at the same time? Is it the way they crush individuality? Is it their complete lack of a culture?

god dammit! They have no sense of reality either... GAR!
                  So, some girl at school spurned your pawing advances, eh?

Comment

I never claimed Chicago was the "capital of the world"...

It may be the nicest Major City in the US to live... but I have never even tried to claim it is the most important city the world. Midwesterners wouldn't do that... we don't have an over inflated view of ourselves like New Yorkers do
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

New York would be a lot nicer if it wasn't so full of New Yorkers.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                        ...as a new englander, I can take verbal abuse...
                        Sounds great! The highpoint of the local culture is verbal abuse.
                        Be the bid!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          It may be the nicest Major City in the US to live...
                          According to who?

Comment

Great, just what the world needs: ANOTHER third-world country...
                            who said texas is a third world-ish kinda place? its a little hellishly humid here in houston but still its got more than u
                            I just don't know anymore.

Comment

And yet Midwesterners have the ego to claim they live in the best country in the world? What a strange sense of humility....

We New Yorkers have many reasons to make the claims we do, and given the fact that we are the biggest city in the country (and have been for 150 years), the center of the finantial sector, the biggest cultural center in the US, the center of USA media, a big center of Filmaking (all the movies nomminated for best film were produced and backed by NY based companies, while only half of one was produced by a Hoolywood studio), advertising, music, so forth an so on. No other city in the US can claim a vital part in as many industires and sectors, and does not come close to the infrastructure or the cosmopolitanism of this place.

Not that we like to toot our horn or somehting...

I

Comment

If Idaho WERE a part of the Midwest , one could simply remove Tassadar, MrFun, and Monolith and Boom!, instant vacation paradise.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X