Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Why is it? Is it there complete lack of personality? Is it the way they can look at you in the face and smile, while hating you at the same time? Is it the way they crush individuality? Is it their complete lack of a culture?

Perhaps it's just their underlying distrust of outsiders, like me.
    I hate them soooo much.
    I tried to make this relationship work out but I'm seriously considering transferring to another university - any university other than this one.

I love the land, hate the people. These people don't deserve to live on this land - we should give it back to the Native Americans. After all, the majority of the few midwesterners I DO respect are Native Americans...

god dammit! They have no sense of reality either... GAR!
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

?

Quite a rant.

What set you off?

What university, btw?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Are you the one who went to college in Iowa?
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

they have personality

just nothing to do.

I would be in bad shape if I had no mountain to climb.

Comment

Move west, young man...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, Mono, rants like this only reinforce the opinions of Midwestern folks that outsiders are, indeed, stark raving mad.

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

what uni?

Comment

The Midwest is a great area.

Not that it doesn't have drawbacks, but I don't think the people are a problem.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

IIRC one of the New Englanders, probably Mono, said he was going to Grinnel University in Iowa.
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I wonder if I could stand living in either New England or the midwest.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Hey, back off NE!

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

From a Midwesterner's point of view, people from the west coast are crazy, and people from the east coast are selfish greedy jerks
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

and what about people from the south?

Comment

I always wanted to see the Boston area, among others.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              and what about people from the south?
                              Everyone knows they're crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X