Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago is a city I really want to visit one day, looks amazing the way the roads and railway lines all converge there.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• To a man, nearly every single easterner will say that Chicago is not a part of the midwest.
      "I don't understand how this thread reached seven pages..."
      It's only on the third page for me...
      "The only way to improve the midwest would be to pave it over and start from scratch."
      I wouldn't say pave it over - rather let the buildings crumble and return into nature.
      Nebraska should be the world's largest nature preserve.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

• You know, I'm picking up some bad vibes here.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The best way to improve New York would be to give it back to the Indians. At least they might be more polite and keep the island clean
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• You know, I'm picking up some bad vibes here.

Don't take them seriously, Sloww. They're just jealous of us real American men...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• naaaah - the best way to improve new york would be to elect bill clinton as mayor!
              Drake Tungsten
              Albert Speer

Comment

• You know, Hussein would look at stuff like this, and laugh his ass off.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• AH, Chicago is a great place to live, but kind of pointless to visit.

It is hard to explain, but Chicago is what might be called "a generic Big City". This isn't a bad thing, by any means. It is just that there is nothing that puts Chicago as THE place to visit.

It is a big city, but not the biggest. It is busy, but not the busiest. It is beautiful (particularly the skyline), but not the most beautiful . It doesn't have the best weather. It doesn't have the worst weather. It doesn't have any amazing tourist attractions. You see what I mean?

But these are usually only things you care about if you visit the city. Sure, NY has the statue of liberty, but how many New Yorkers have actually visited it?
                  Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

• nearly every single easterner will say that Chicago is not a part of the midwest.

That's because we want to claim it as our own.

After living in NE-lite, I'm SOOOO glad that I've come to the South. I've been missing a lot! I mean, who else has as good BBQ, Fried Chicken, and OH MY GOD Sweet Tea!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Monolith, yeah, that's true. I mean't salvage it for the people who live there.

But yes, I think everyone would be better of if we evacuated it and used it to grow food for the thirld world.
                      Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

• There's more to life than food - Imran. Plus, I feel I should mention that in the city I'm in now, they make the WORST food.
                        Plus, how can you pass up a cuppa chowdah?
                        Drake Tungsten
                        Albert Speer

Comment

• Damn, Imran. I love you more, every single day.

Comment

• Plus, how can you pass up a cuppa chowdah?

uke: NEW ENGLAND Clam Chowder is the nastiest soup in the world. MANHATTEN Clam Chowder is where it is at (which consequently is one of the best soups in the world).

Slow:
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberGnu
                              AH, Chicago is a great place to live, but kind of pointless to visit.

It is hard to explain, but Chicago is what might be called "a generic Big City". This isn't a bad thing, by any means. It is just that there is nothing that puts Chicago as THE place to visit.
                              I just thought it might be fun to watch all those pork bellies being unloaded
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Not that way, Imran.

Comment

Working...
                                X