Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT least we have real cheese in Chicago... It comes from right next door in Wisconsin. The stuff they get in New York is the stuff we don't want in the midwest

So what are you talking about... You are the guys that need to resort to Kraft
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• *and is it my imagination, or is Boris really the only person taking this thread seriously*

Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Oh wow! - real cheese
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
          *and is it my imagination, or is Boris really the only person taking this thread seriously*

I guess you've ignored my smilies, too!
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Anyone who insults Chicago-style pizza is an idiot. Sorry Boris...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• You didn't have any "smiles" in your post... all you did was attack another member of this site who isn't even posting in the thread, and include a shame smile

You need to lighten up...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Waiter! There's a Chicago in my pizza!
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Drake: If by 'idiot' you mean 'man with great taste' .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Et tu, Imran?

How can you not like Chicago-style pizza? It's da bomb.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• If by 'da bomb' you mean 'crap' .... well at least compared to NY style.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Anyone who insults Chicago-style pizza is an idiot. Sorry Boris...
                        Anyone who likes more dough than the cheese and sauce is just plain stupid. Sorry Midwest...

Ming: See, not every post needs a smilie. Sarcasm is dulled when catering to the obtuse, after all.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• And Boris... I would suggest you check your PM's... the clock is ticking
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• What do triangles have to do with pizza?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I imagine many kids there have never seen the sea.

I never saw the sea until age 18.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Chicago deep dish pizza pies are good food, but they are not true pizza: the crust is flaky, like that of pastries, not doughy, like that of bread, or real pizza.

Real pizza (as in, what the italians brought from Italy) is thin. Anything else might be good, but is not real pizza.

Also, thin pizza should be cut in slices, not squares. The fact that thin pizza in Chicago is cut in squares is a real sin.

As for quality of chinese: SF may have more good Chinese places than NY, but you can find Chinese food as good as anything you will find anywhere in NYC's chinatown.

As for cultural values: I just got $2 tickets for an advanced screening of a few new independent films, thanks to a NYTimes offer. Maybe in SF or LA I could have had the same oppurtunity, but surely not the Midwest, or the South.
                                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X