10.5%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayday!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by obiwan18

I'm still deciding which I like best, prolly end up where the work is though.
      Which means you probably won't end up in Victoria. That's why I left. Unless of course you work in government, with old people, or in tourism. At least that's how it was when I was there last.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
        Could somebody synthesize the thread. Couldn't really tell what kitty was talking about. Just fired a couple torpedos against known targets.
        Well judging from your Montana remark you don't have much to contribute anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

• Who would want to join MOntana anyway ?? Seemed kinda dull there-- Wouldn't mind annexing California though -- then again-- too much crime-- could we just annex a few of their beaches ??
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I don't know whether you recall a number of years ago some Caribbean island wanted to join Canada? I forget which one now. That would have been nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
              In fairness, US Nationals don't know what a liberal is either. The Canadian Liberal Party is not liberal.
              And our conservatives aren't that conservative either. They're both fairly centrist. (Although it is to be admitted that the PC is farther right than the Liberals are left)
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
                Could somebody synthesize the thread. Couldn't really tell what kitty was talking about. Just fired a couple torpedos against known targets.
                From right to left, canadian political spectrum is:

Canadian Alliance
                Progressive Conservatives
                Liberals
                New Democratic Party

The Bloc Québecois is hard to classify on a right-left scale, but stands mainly for the separatists of Quebec. Right now the Liberals form the government and the CA is the official opposition.

Since the federal election of November 2000, the national support for the CA has fallen from 25% to 10.5%, the support for the PC has risen from 12.5% to 13.8%, the support for the Liberals has gone from 40% to 52% and the support for the NDP has gone from 8.5% to 13.5%

In other words, it is a broad shift of sympathies from rightist to leftist political parties.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Oh, and support for the BQ is down from 10.5% to 6.8%, which indicates the move away from separatism tha's been seen in Quebec.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I don't know whether you recall a number of years ago some Caribbean island wanted to join Canada? I forget which one now. That would have been nice!
                    I believe you're referring to the Turks & Caicos Islands, who wanted to enter into a Puerto Rico style dependency with us... I think. We said no, for whatever reason.

It would've been nice to have a close, warm vacation spot that would share our currency. Ah, well...
                    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• In other words, it is a broad shift of sympathies from rightist to leftist political parties.
                      Only in Canada will the repeated public-office screwups and scandals result in the population wanting more government involvement in their daily lives...
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Maybe the Canadian public sees the right as whining constantly about minor matters, while at the same time standing for the wrong policies?

Stop ranting about how stupid Canadian voters are, and start asking yourself if maybe the majority of them just plain don't agree with you.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger
                          Maybe the Canadian public sees the right as whining constantly about minor matters, while at the same time standing for the wrong policies?
                          Oh please, everyone knows the opposition's purpose is to whine.

And if they don't, maybe they're even stupider than I first though.

Stop ranting about how stupid Canadian voters are, and start asking yourself if maybe the majority of them just plain don't agree with you.
                          But hey -- aren't those related?

I mean, for Christ sake...

This government "loses" a billion dollars, they totally **** up the gun registry, they are constantly being accused of using their power to push personal interest for friends in their ridings, etc. -- and their approval ratings increase!

There is nothing to describe that other than pure stupidity on the part of Canadian voters.

Comment

• Hah. When I posted that I got the message:

Populus vult decipi.
                            [The people like to be deceived.]
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Sure there is. The Canadian public thinks about the CA actually forming the government and starts ****ting its pants.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger
                                Sure there is. The Canadian public thinks about the CA actually forming the government and starts ****ting its pants.
                                And what's so bad about the PC?

I'm glad the CA's ratings are going down, they may bite the dust and start defecting to the PCs like they should be in the first place...

I just want the ****ing liberals out of office. Even the NDP for a term would be nice, the Liberals run a ****ing dictatorship right now and it's unacceptable...

Comment

Working...
                                X