No announcement yet.

gays in the military?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boddingtons, what makes you think gay men are not tough?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

Anyway, I agree that they should be able to fight in the military, if they so desire. One's sexual orientation has no bearing on how well they fight. However, some soldiers will be uncomfortable working with them. For this reason, I think they should be careful.
      Even though your heart was in the right place (I think) I believe that the number of soldiers who will actually be uncomfortable working with openly gay soldiers will be negligible. Many of my fellow soldiers know I'm gay and don't give a crap. Including a great many men.
      Of course, I realize that others may feel uncomfortable. So what? Unless actual sexual harassment takes place, they need to get over it. However, if they have a legitimate claim that a man was behaving innappropriately, the sexual harassment/equal opportunity policy in the military is very comprehensive. It's only a matter of following the right channels-- and believe me, sexual harassment, at least, in the units I've been in, is NOT TOLERATED. So why pander to some soldiers issues of being a little uncomfortable-- when we are throwing away a valuable human resource by discharging gays and lesbians?

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        boddingtons, what makes you think gay men are not tough?
        If I was fighting an army of women, I wouldn't fight as well as someone who isn't attracted to them.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
          "gays in the military?"

Bad idea. We need the toughest soldiers out there we can...
          Ask and ye shall receive...

Boddington, I challenge you to find any fault in mine or any other gay soldiers performance. I can shoot, run, ruck, and a thousand other things better than most, perhaps even you, the "paradigm" of masculinity, I'm sure, that you are. So don't talk about tough when you have no sense of the meaning of the word.

Comment

The toughest don't boast.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Orange: another teenager has made a move on me sort to speak.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                The toughest don't boast.
                No. They prove it. I have... not for you (who would need to), but don't go making silly assumptions and stinking up my air with them.
                Why boast when I live it every day?
                Why boast when it's the truth?
                Sounds arrogant, I know. My point is, I am just as good as any soldier you can find in the armed services. I have pride in my work and in my performance, as do many others in my field-- they are proud to have me by their side, just as I am proud to go to war with the best people I know.
                Can you say the same thing?

Comment

I wouldn't be proud to go to war.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Good. Then don't. I'll do it for you... worry not, the *** has your back.

Comment

It was more than that actually, but I really rather not speak about it. No physical contact.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

"Of course, I realize that others may feel uncomfortable. So what? Unless actual sexual harassment takes place, they need to get over it. "

Agreed, Finkian What you do on your own time is nobody's business but your own. I'm just saying be careful, because there is no need to provoke those louts. Why else would I ask Azazel about intolerance permitted under the guise of tolerance?

Boris, why is loving the sinner and hating the sin a cop-out? People are more than the sum of their actions.
                        I won't insist that you should change, only you can do that Boris. What I will say is that it is possible, and definately rational, and I'll keep a door open anyways.

As for health consequences- the first is a shorter lifespan, such as dying in your forties. This is a symptom of other problems: promiscuity, which produces STD's; increased incidence of drug abuse and suicide, stemming from the psychological problems some people have with the homosexual lifestyle. For these reasons alone, I would not encourage my children to be gay.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

As for health consequences- the first is a shorter lifespan, such as dying in your forties. This is a symptom of other problems: promiscuity, which produces STD's; increased incidence of drug abuse and suicide, stemming from the psychological problems some people have with the homosexual lifestyle. For these reasons alone, I would not encourage my children to be gay.
                          Compassionate. Compassionate, but mistaken.

While I understand these realities, they have nothing to do with the intrinsic idea of homosexuality itself.

Promiscuity? Teach your kids to respect sex as a healthy, but precious, cherished act, not a cheap time to get off.
                          Drug abuse? Suicide? Ha. Raise your children so that they WOULDN'T be afraid to be gay, so that they WOULDN'T be ashamed, and raise them to know that you will always accept them.

BTW, you really can't "encourage" someone to be gay. They will, whether you encourage or forbid.

Comment

finkian - he's a troll...don't dwell on his crap
                            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Boris got off easy with his coming out. Where are the tears? The hard questions? The madonna music?

My coming out to my mother was a Broadway style production. Foreshadowing, parades, bright lights, a climax, coming within inches of a musical number, and a feel good ending.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                                finkian - he's a troll...don't dwell on his crap
                                (shakes head in despair) I have been tricked into talking to a wall! Goodness!
                                (gives in to inner shame and psychological dysfunction, flinging himself out a window, while shooting up and scratching the rash caused by the melange of STDs he's contracted)

Comment

Working...
                                X