Russian Forces Enter Theatre, End Hostage Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

So will the Russian Federation make an exception for these guys?
    In this case, I really don't know.

Comment

It is strange terrorists didn't had gasmasks - quite a big flaw in the organization, since gasmaks aren't that hard to get at all... At least they are easier to get than machine guns and bombs.

Comment

I wish I could see your face if you spent 3 days wearing gas mask.

Comment

Hmm, last I heard all but 2 of the terrorists were killed in the action, although there were rumors that a handful managed to escape.

So I don't think the death penalty thing is too much to worry about. Hopefully the Russians won't take out their anger on the Chechen population though, viscious circle and all that...

Comment

The next time terrorists will attack Russia on such scale there will be no hostage taking. After this action they probably already understood the obvious, Russia isnt going to leave.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Hmm, last I heard all but 2 of the terrorists were killed in the action, although there were rumors that a handful managed to escape.

So I don't think the death penalty thing is too much to worry about. Hopefully the Russians won't take out their anger on the Chechen population though, viscious circle and all that...
              About 30 suspects arested. It's beleived that they observed the situation from outside and told information to terrorists which were within theater. And this "escaped" guy was actually one of the arested, as it was said later.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                The next time terrorists will attack Russia on such scale there will be no hostage taking. After this action they probably already understood the obvious, Russia isnt going to leave.
                Russia isn't going to fullfil terrorist demands. TERRORISTS, not rebels or gunman as your media decribe them. THEY ARE TERRORISTS
                When you start to saying the truth to yourselves?

Comment

Serb, they are rebels anyway.

Word rebel can cross with word terrorist:
                  Rebel - anyone, fighting against government
                  Terrorist - anyone intentionally killing innocent people to fulfill his needs

Thus one, fighting against government in a peace time and killing innocent people in the way would be rebel terrorist.

Comment

However, by my description Russian army are also terrorists, because as far as I know they are also intentionally killing lots of civilians in Chechenya...

(I will probably translate and post here an interview with Chechenyan ambassador to Lithuania later)

Comment

What you mean gunmen and rebels? Our media has been calling them terrorists all long. There are Chechen rebels, but these are terrorists.

I'm glad it's over now. Though 67 were lost, I consider this a major success for Russian special forces. They did very very good.. I'm sorry for the lost lives, it's still tragic, but at the same time I congratulate the soldiers who took part in the action and succeeded.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

what kind of gas did they use?

just saw the news, an expert of some kind thought it may have been CO2.
                        CSPA

Comment

some of the women terrorists appeared to have been shot while unconscious
                          CSPA

Comment

Pekka, so did Lithuanian media. However, if you'd read articles on CNN, you'd see they are called gunmen or rebels there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                              some of the women terrorists appeared to have been shot while unconscious
                              Yes. They were sleeping and the Russians didnt want to mess with the explosives belts so they just killed them.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Gangerwolf, they shot most of terrorists while unconscious.

Comment

Working...
                                X