Russian Forces Enter Theatre, End Hostage Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saint Marcus

100+ people don't die cause of tear gas. and certainly not so suddenly.
    I don't think they did... I think they could of died from gunshot wounds because they could of easily got caught in the cross fire.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

that leader was dead too
      Source... instead pulling words out of thin air please provide a source.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I don't think they did... I think they could of died from gunshot wounds because they could of easily got caught in the cross fire.
        really? some terrorist were sitting dead in their chairs without gunshot wounds. that means they died because of the gas, and didn't get time to get up. they died in seconds. Also, numerous people have been reported dead as the results of gas, and the doctors haven't been able to identify the gas, so it's not tear gas.

Source... instead pulling words out of thin air please provide a source.
        the uncle of the leader of this operation was a key chechen leader, and he's dead.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

really? some terrorist were sitting dead in their chairs without gunshot wounds. that means they died because of the gas, and didn't get time to get up. they died in seconds. Also, numerous people have been reported dead as the results of gas, and the doctors haven't been able to identify the gas, so it's not tear gas.
          Uh huh. Source?

I still think it is tear gas.

I suggest you stop furthering your political agenda against the Russian Government.

the uncle of the leader of this operation was a key chechen leader, and he's dead.
          Yes but there are other leaders they have to go after.

Comment

• I still think it is tear gas.
            you're an ignorant little bugger, aren't you? if it was tear gas, why wouldn't the Russians admit it? if it was tear gas, wouldn't the doctors recognise it?

I suggest you stop furthering your political agenda against the Russian Government.
            boohoo. make me tough guy

Yes but there are other leaders they have to go after.
            in all likelyness, they weren't behind this

Comment

• I don't care what you think... as you are a leftist your opinion usually doesn't make sense.

Anyways... I don't want to discuss this with somebody who is as blind as a bat.

And wants to further their agenda on a terrorist strike. In my mind that is disgusting.

Comment

• hey Fez, there's a big protest in Spain against a war against Iraq. CNN reports that the majority of the people in Spain are against a war in Iraq. How do you feel about that?

Comment

• BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

"At least 390 freed hostages remained in hospital on Sunday, many in a serious condition after being overcome by the mystery substance."

"the Russian authorities are maintaining an air of mystery, describing the gas used only as a "special substance"."

in other words: not tear gas.

your turn

Comment

• Despite government denials, evidence quickly mounted that many if not most of the hostages had died not at the hands of their captors, but from the knockout gas used in the attack.

News reports said a number of hostages had thrown up after inhaling the gas and then had fallen unconscious, choking on their own vomit. In an interview this afternoon, a doctor at one Moscow hospital said every hostage death at his hospital was caused by suffocation.

"The problem was that they couldn't provide medical assistance right there at the scene," the doctor said. "They had to transport them to the hospital," by which time many victims had died.
                    Link:
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• IIRC, several years ago a Russian chemist was jailed for revealing that Russia was developing a substance "significantly more potent" than VX, which by itself is far more deadly than the classical nerve gases, Sarin etc.
                      I will try to find a link to this story, I don't really remember much about the details.

The fact that they refuse to say what killed the hostages suggests it might be a "non-licensed" substance
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• "Despite government denials, evidence quickly mounted that many if not most of the hostages had died not at the hands of their captors, but from the knockout gas used in the attack."

Thanks Mad Monk. And there you go Fez, you've once again been proved wrong. No surprises there, though he won't admit it and won't comment on the BBC and NY Times articles. The little chicken.

Comment

• A link about Russian chemical weapons here: http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/cbw/cw.htm

From a different site:
                          Nerve agent research continued. One direction was in the development of even more toxic agents. The greatest strides in this direction Vil Mirzayanov, who has related details of the Soviet chemical warfare program, has stated that the Soviets achieved considerable success with this in the period 1985, developing several highly toxic agents, currently known in the open literature only as "Foliant" agents (for the program name) and by various code designations, such as A-230 and A-232.

Maybe they used a "light" version of these substances

Comment

• Fez, if you are right that doesn't means you are warmongerer. I am quite right but I am not warmongerer in most cases.

Comment

• Actually, choking on one's own vomit is possible with many gases, especially irritant gases such as chlorpictin.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                                Actually, choking on one's own vomit is possible with many gases, especially irritant gases such as chlorpictin.
                                Yes, but the weird thing is that it seems like people are still dying from it.

Comment

Working...
                                X