Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!"

I think that should be:

Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than Cybershy!
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• August Borms, Did I mention 'giants' anywhere?

I started to read into this, and I want to share it with you guys, because pherhaps know answers.

The thing that botters me is that all answers are "Enough people and enough time will do it"

in fact it seems to be the famous scientific anser these days. Give it enough time, and everything is possible.

You have the same strange logic here that you use in the evolution/religion threads

what logic do I use? I didn't provide any (possible) answer. I just write down what I found. Facts.

And suddenly you guys start to put words into my mouth like "Do you really think it's been made by giants" or alients, or whatever.

I didn't say that. I know, the websites I took this from do indeed talk about alients, highly advanced civilizations (higher than we) about giants and all that. But pherhaps you noticed that I didn't copy and paste those parts.

I just talk about the structures, how could they ever have been build. Did they know technics we don't? How comes we lost it?

Something else I found, is about some prof who discovered 15000 squared meters under the pyramid of giza, with very advanced technics and all that. He's said to publish his work in 2003........ "The chambres of the Deep". Anybody knows anything about that?

Just search in google for "chambres of the deep" and giza, and you'll find it.

I don't provide answers, I come with questions.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by August Borms

He's suggesting that they were all built by the giants from the bible.

(he translated parts from this site

http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~fm-t...st/reuzen.html
        An, ummm, interesting theory. Never mind that the facts aren't correct. For example, there are no scientists that think that there have been giant men 135 million years ago, and no giant human skeletons (let alone with horns ) have ever been found. But facts are annoying things for people like that I guess.

Comment

• He's suggesting that they were all built by the giants from the bible.

that I got info from that site doesn't mean I AM suggesting they were built by giants.

good work though, that you found my source. (one of the many sources though, but this one summed much up, in my own language )

The last source I read suggested aliens, and the one I read for that one suggested that our mother-civilisation was almost destroyed

Comment

• no giant human skeletons (let alone with horns ) have ever been found.

eventhough I didn't copy that info to this page, I read it on many different websites. How do you know for sure these bones never have been found?

Comment

• Trade. For example, during that time the egyptians already traded with the phoenicians, on the coast of current-day Lebanon. I don't see why they couldn't have imported that stone from, for example, modern-day Sudan or Ethiopia (or probably somewhere in Egypt itself), especially considering the relative ease of transport over water.
              We know they didn't trade for. We know that because we know exactly where the stone came from. Partially cut stones are still in place. Names of work crews are carved on the sides of the quarry. Egyptian names. Every stone came for very local quarries.

There is exactly one mystery about where the rocks came from:

Why do some people work so hard at being so ignorant about the source when it well known to anyone that makes the slightest effort at finding out?

Comment

• Until I see some kind of proof of the opposite, I don't believe in skeletons of horned giants, fossils of tooth fairies, or the existence of pink unicorns. And believe me, any scientist that would find something like that wouldn't like anything better than publish something about such a revolutionary find. Unlike some people who claim that it is all a conspiracy by scientists to uphold evolution think.

Comment

• Grrr, screw Markos and his server who ate up my first reply

Originally posted by CyberShy
                  The thing that botters me is that all answers are "Enough people and enough time will do it"
                  Simply put, because it's the truth. Every fact points to that, and even though it still is a tremendous effort, there's no reason why early man couldn't have been crafty and intelligent enough to build these structures.

in fact it seems to be the famous scientific anser these days. Give it enough time, and everything is possible.
                  Nice misrepresentation of evolution, how typical. You just seem to forget that everything still has to be subject to the laws of nature, which is something completely different from 'everything is possible'.

You have the same strange logic here that you use in the evolution/religion threads

what logic do I use? I didn't provide any (possible) answer. I just write down what I found. Facts.
                  Indeed, probably it's the lack of logic... You usually post some facts of dubious origin, ignore all perfectly reasonable explanations that are given, and then imply that there must be something else. God in the evolution/religion threads, and something superhuman that you seem to hint at in this thread here.

And suddenly you guys start to put words into my mouth like "Do you really think it's been made by giants" or alients, or whatever.

I didn't say that. I know, the websites I took this from do indeed talk about alients, highly advanced civilizations (higher than we) about giants and all that. But pherhaps you noticed that I didn't copy and paste those parts.
                  Actually, I asked you what you thought... But your arguments seem to point to some belief in aliens, giants or something superhuman.

I just talk about the structures, how could they ever have been build. Did they know technics we don't? How comes we lost it?
                  Early man was perfectly capable of building such structures, with the experience (for example, there were lots of pyramids built before the pyramid of Cheops), time (like I said, most of these structures took very long to build) and manpower available. A great effort in many cases, but nothing that mankind is not capable of.

Something else I found, is about some prof who discovered 15000 squared meters under the pyramid of giza, with very advanced technics and all that. He's said to publish his work in 2003........ "The chambres of the Deep". Anybody knows anything about that?

Just search in google for "chambres of the deep" and giza, and you'll find it.
                  Haven't heard of it.

I don't provide answers, I come with questions.
                  And you ignore all explanations given, even if they're perfectly reasonable. Why's that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethelred

We know they didn't trade for. We know that because we know exactly where the stone came from. Partially cut stones are still in place. Names of work crews are carved on the sides of the quarry. Egyptian names. Every stone came for very local quarries.

There is exactly one mystery about where the rocks came from:

Why do some people work so hard at being so ignorant about the source when it well known to anyone that makes the slightest effort at finding out?
                    Thanks, I assumed that CS at least got his facts right. Apparently not...

Comment

• those were not my facts, Bas.
                      I didn't say anything about trading stones and all that.

I don't believe in skeletons of horned giants, fossils of tooth fairies, or the existence of pink unicorns.

neither did I, that's why I didn't quote those passages. (remember, I didn't start to talk about them)
                      But you came with a firm 'no' thus I guessed you might have some inside information.

You seem to know nothing more than I do about these things, thus you should have said nothing about it, like I did. And for sure do not blame me for saying anything about that.

there's no reason why early man couldn't have been crafty and intelligent enough to build these structures.

Pherhaps because they couldn't move the stones over kilometres? To not even talk about putting them together that perfect.

Why should generations long people only be busy moving stones? And what about the drawings they found that could only be seen completely from the air?
                      No, I don't say they could fly, but I do really wonder how they did that.

ignore all perfectly reasonable explanations that are given, and then imply that there must be something else

I did not ignore anything so far.
                      You really suck, mister Bas!

I just posted some questions here, and you start to yell at me, and you start to call me names for no reason.

It's like: I ask what's the sum of 2 and 2, you say:
                      idiot, it's 4, you should believe me, you suck, why do you ignore my answer, bigot, you think you need giants to add 2 by 2......

it makes no sence Bas !
                      Why are you yelling at me?

Why can't I start this topic?
                      I have said no word about giants, alients, whatever. I just ask "How did they do it?" and "were they smarter than us". It appears to me they had knowledge we don't have anymore.

Pherhaps that's the only implication I made, but that's not a strange one. It might be true, that these guys knew technics we don't have anymore, but instead of discussing it, you start to make me look like a fool, and you put millions of words into my mouth.

It really pisses me of. Is it really impossible to have a discussion with some of you guys? This has nothing to do with sciense or whatever. As soon as someone says something you guys start to do the arrogant talking and all that.

You defenitely suck.
                      I'm done with it, bigoted apolyton arrogant wannabe scientific *******s. You really feel you have all knowledge in the world, don't you? Idiot.

get the hell out of here and let me talk with the people who ARE capable to have a discussion about these interesting topics, instead of being the smartass immediately.

you really pissed me off.

now someone might come to talk about the topic who won't put words into my mouth.

The plain simple question is: Who build it, were they smarter than us?

thanks.

CyberShy

Comment

• And I'm so happy that there are omnipotent people like bas who know literary EVERYTHING on the topic of pyramids. Why are you allmighty guys even visiting places like apolyton?

If you would be that smart, you won't be here, dude.
                        I'm really pissed of. I really am.

Comment

• spelling is often one of the first to go in angry, hastily dashed off posts.

but anyway, why couldn't the people have dragged stones several kilometres? i'm not so sure about the vegetation in the nile valley, but in the case of easter island, is it not entirely possible they used logs to move the stones? primitive wheels, so to speak?
                          B♭3

Comment

• "Perhaps because they couldn't move the stones over kilometres? To not even talk about putting them together that perfect."

Have you heard of the Nile? Barges Wheels? Carts? Carts with wheels? Slaves?

"The plain simple question is: Who build it, were they smarter than us? "

1. Egyptians.
                            2. No.

Satisfied?

Comment

• people have never really shown any intelligence, so yeah, i'd have to agree. they're not smarter than us. and we're not smarter than them.
                              B♭3

Comment

• those were not my facts, Bas.
                                I didn't say anything about trading stones and all that.
                                I thought it was your post that said that the stones were not from local quarries (sp?), if not, my apologies.

neither did I, that's why I didn't quote those passages. (remember, I didn't start to talk about them)
                                But you came with a firm 'no' thus I guessed you might have some inside information.

You seem to know nothing more than I do about these things, thus you should have said nothing about it, like I did. And for sure do not blame me for saying anything about that.
                                True, you didn't start talking about them, but you asked me why I didn't believe in them. And I answered. What's the problem with my argument? The burden of proof is not on me on this one. I'm not claiming horned giants existed, the guy who wrote the homepage does, and thus he's the one that should provide the proof. Which consists of nothing but the claim that thousands of giant skeletons have been found, but there is some conspiracy by evil scientists that holds that information back. And thus, there still is no reason whatsoever IMHO that they exist. Is that so hard to understand?

And I didn't blame you for claiming giants exist, I blamed whoever wrote that fairytale that August linked to. Although I don't see why you would attach any worth to his claims about giants...

Pherhaps because they couldn't move the stones over kilometres? To not even talk about putting them together that perfect.
                                Why couldn't they? I can think of several techniques, which might be cumbersome, but which would work. For example, take a good number of big round tree trunks, put the stone on it (which requires a good amount of effort, ofcourse, but which is nothing impossible), then push or pull the stone so that it rolls on the trunks, when the last trunk comes from under the stone carry it in front of the stone again, and continue until you reach your destination. Sure, it's slow, it takes a lot of effort, but it's not impossible. And I'm sure the indians, egyptians etc. had worked out more efficient ways from experience. And the putting together might be hard as well, but again, enough experience and lots of time and effort can IMO do the job.

Why should generations long people only be busy moving stones? And what about the drawings they found that could only be seen completely from the air?
                                No, I don't say they could fly, but I do really wonder how they did that.
                                Your first point: most of the structures have religious significance, or military significance. Both of which are enough to motivate generations of people IMO, just look at the Great Wall, many cathedrals in Europe, etc. Or just a bit of megalomania, which at least in Egypt was also important. And your second point: the Nazca lines, you mean? I suggest making a small drawing, multiplying the sides by a factor of 1000 or whatever, mark the corner points, and dig a straight line between them. What's the problem?

I did not ignore anything so far.
                                You really suck, mister Bas!
                                Then what did you do with the explanations given by, for example, JohnT and Boshko (who are the first that come to mind)? You continue with the same arguments. And thanks for the compliment.

just posted some questions here, and you start to yell at me, and you start to call me names for no reason.

It's like: I ask what's the sum of 2 and 2, you say:
                                idiot, it's 4, you should believe me, you suck, why do you ignore my answer, bigot, you think you need giants to add 2 by 2......

it makes no sence Bas !
                                Why are you yelling at me?
                                I'm not yelling at you, I'm not saying you suck, I'm just saying that your arguments and logic hold no water. Nothing personal, but something objective. And I never accused you of believing the giant thing, my friend. Read my last few posts again if you will.

Why can't I start this topic?
                                I have said no word about giants, alients, whatever. I just ask "How did they do it?" and "were they smarter than us". It appears to me they had knowledge we don't have anymore.

Pherhaps that's the only implication I made, but that's not a strange one. It might be true, that these guys knew technics we don't have anymore, but instead of discussing it, you start to make me look like a fool, and you put millions of words into my mouth.

It really pisses me of. Is it really impossible to have a discussion with some of you guys? This has nothing to do with sciense or whatever. As soon as someone says something you guys start to do the arrogant talking and all that.

You defenitely suck.
                                I'm done with it, bigoted apolyton arrogant wannabe scientific *******s. You really feel you have all knowledge in the world, don't you? Idiot.

get the hell out of here and let me talk with the people who ARE capable to have a discussion about these interesting topics, instead of being the smartass immediately.

you really pissed me off.

now someone might come to talk about the topic who won't put words into my mouth.

The plain simple question is: Who build it, were they smarter than us?

thanks.

CyberShy
                                Now, who's calling names? You can start such a topic, but if you keep on using the same arguments while not reacting to explanations, you're being illogical. And please take your valium. You take some things too personal.

Last question: I see no reason why the Indians, Egyptians etc. couldn't have been able to do it, given the circumstances. And I don't think either that our ancestors (which they are) are significantly smarter or dumber than we are.

And I'm so happy that there are omnipotent people like bas who know literary EVERYTHING on the topic of pyramids. Why are you allmighty guys even visiting places like apolyton?
                                I don't. I haven't even claimed to know a lot about pyramids, I just used elementary logic. Deal with my arguments, instead of the ad hominems you accuse me of.

If you would be that smart, you won't be here, dude.
                                I'm really pissed of. I really am.
                                Surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X