Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The main problem with CS is that he DOESN'T want to discuss it.

how can I discuss it if I have no opinion?
    I'm listenling.

He hasn't really responded with a single rebuttal

who says I disagree with you?

and post more of the almost always usuported claims

I haven't post any claim. I just posted facts about the pyramids that I found on the net. Pherhaps these facts are wrong (position) but I have no claim or something. That's what I'm trying to tell you all the time, but you seem to have both hands on your ears.

Why can't we just talk about it? You don't have to disagree to talk? This topic has been transfered into one big debate and all that. I hate that.

I am waiting for him to find a site claiming Aliens....blablablabla

You are really insulting me, like I have made claims like that. I did not claim anything about the creation of the
    pyramids and all that.

Why are you making such a hunt on me and my claims?
    Why can't you just see that I didn't put up any theory or something? Pherhaps others did, but I did not.

Open your eyes ethelred!
    Can you finally open your eyes?
    FINALLY :diotnow!:

it drives me crazy.

why are there those people on apolyton who are only doing the arrogant kind of discussion thingy?

*sigh*

CyberShy
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• something big yet unnecessary, unlike the ancient Pharoahs and whatnot.

That's quite an ethnocentric remark there...

The pyramids may be unnecessary by our OUR standards but to the AE's they were anything but. During the Old Kingdom it was thought that the very excistance of Egypt and therefore the stability of the universe depended on the King, the Son of Ra (the term "Pharao" for the King, literally meaning "The Great House" was introduced much later, somewhere during the Late Kingdom).

So it was only befitting that after the death of the King everything was ensured to let him take his rightful place as Osiris, the Lord of the Afterlife, and that included a monumental and everlasting tomb for his spirit to dwell in.

To the AE's the pyramids were very important...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hueij
        something big yet unnecessary, unlike the ancient Pharoahs and whatnot.

The pyramids may be unnecessary by our OUR standards but to the AE's they were anything but. During the Old Kingdom it was thought that the very excistance of Egypt and therefore the stability of the universe depended on the King, the Son of Ra (the term "Pharao" for the King, literally meaning "The Great House" was introduced much later, somewhere during the Late Kingdom).

So it was only befitting that after the death of the King everything was ensured to let him take his rightful place as Osiris, the Lord of the Afterlife, and that included a monumental and everlasting tomb for his spirit to dwell in.

As you have clearly stated, the very existence of Egypt was thought to be depended on the King - the reigning one I presume, not the recently dead one.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy

how can I discuss it if I have no opinion?
          I'm listenling.
          What a tragedy. Listening to things and posting things you have no opinion on. Shamefull on a discusion forum.

I haven't post any claim. I just posted facts about the pyramids that I found on the net. Pherhaps these facts are wrong (position) but I have no claim or something. That's what I'm trying to tell you all the time, but you seem to have both hands on your ears.
          They are claims. Few of them have been facts. It they are wrong they aren't facts just more bogus claims. If it seems to you that I have my hands over my ears you weren't telling the truth when you said you have no opinion.

Your opinion seems to be the unsubstantianted claims, false claims, theories based on the fantasy land Atlantis, and game playing with INCHES of all things has some sort of legitmacy.

Why can't we just talk about it? You don't have to disagree to talk? This topic has been transfered into one big debate and all that. I hate that.
          I noticed that you don't want to dabate. That is what I said and you are complaining in the bulk of this reply yet here you are agreeing with me on that very thing.

Do please make your mind.

Discuss or not just don't claim you want to and you don't want to in the same post please.

You are really insulting me, like I have made claims like that. I did not claim anything about the creation of the
          pyramids and all that.
          You have come close. That was parody of many of the sites you have been getting stuff from. If you find it insulting well then perhaps you should try thinking about the sites you get nonsense from. They are the ones insulting peoples inteligence. I am merely pointing it out.

Why are you making such a hunt on me and my claims?
          I haven't post any claim.
          Thats two, two, two contradictions of yourself in one post.

I don't have to hunt when you do it all in one post like this one.

Open your eyes ethelred!
          Can you finally open your eyes?
          FINALLY :diotnow!:
          They are open. Thats why I can tell when nonsense is before them.

Do you want to discuss or don't you? Please choose one of those instead getting mad at people for trying to discuss it when you say you want to discuss it.

Edit removed a superfluos quote that wasn't even marked as a quote.
          Last edited by Ethelred; August 13, 2002, 14:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hueij
            something big yet unnecessary, unlike the ancient Pharoahs and whatnot.

I first read this and I thought "Is he serious? Or is this a joke? I thought that hueij knew better than to spout this foolishness! Naw, it's gotta be satire."

Then I realized that "AE" stood for "Ancient Egyptians" and not "Alien Entities." Whew!

at myself.

Comment

• Maybe he didn't care about the pyramids and was looking for other opinions? If he did care about this, then he wouldn't take it to you to get a second look at it. If you really want to know about Atlantis, then think of how the Nazca plains were made. Those indians living there couldn't have done them, and you would need to know how to fly to even see them.
              Wrestling is real!

Comment

• If you really want to know about Atlantis, then think of how the Nazca plains were made. Those indians living there couldn't have done them, and you would need to know how to fly to even see them.
                Amazing juxtiposition of unrelated things. Atlantis was story told by Plato. He didn't even finish it. There is no other source of information about Atlantis than Plato. He claimed the story came from Egypt. Its not mentioned there or anywhere else. If you want to know about Atlantis look at who popularized it. The Sleeping Fraud, Edgar Cayce.

There is no reason to make a such an unwarranted claim about the Amerinds in the Nazca plain. They most certainly could have done them, all it takes is some sighting sticks and string. The only question is why did they? Religion is likely because that is the source of many stupid human tricks. However I like to keep in mind the alleged shrines in one ancient city in India that turned out to be the worlds first indoor plumbing, specificaly a toilet.

Comment

• They did one geoglyph on the side of a hill by digging trenches comparable to WWI. When the religion of the South American tribes was checked out, it wasn't very likely that they did the plains themselves. Geoglyphs exist throughout the world, and a famous one of a "giant" is in England.

Among that and the stonehenge, there is probably some ancient civilization that we haven't discovered yet. "Atlantis" is just some generic name for that superior civilization. The fact that a pyramid here in America (forget which one) has the same base size as the great pyramid in Eygpt is enough to convince me. I doubt if it was a coincidence.
                  Wrestling is real!

Comment

• Originally posted by King of Rasslin
                    Among that and the stonehenge, there is probably some ancient civilization that we haven't discovered yet. "Atlantis" is just some generic name for that superior civilization. The fact that a pyramid here in America (forget which one) has the same base size as the great pyramid in Eygpt is enough to convince me. I doubt if it was a coincidence.
                    American pyramids were built almost 3000 years after the Great Pyramid of Giza. If American and Egyptian pyramids had a common ancestry, you would expect them to appear overnight and around the same time, right? But the truth is that Egyptians spent at least 500 years learning how to build it. The Egyptian landscape are littered with failed pyramids. Also the Native Americans didn't have it easy, failed or half pyramids are over the place in Central American jungles.

Comment

• Lord Merciless:
                      "The Egyptian landscape are littered with failed pyramids. "

Very true. We have a complete set of tombs, from the basic burial chambers, up through chambers under a mastaba, to the pyramid at Saqquara whose construction shows it to have been built up from (originally) a few mastabas built on top of one another, and then stepped...on to the bent pyramid, where they messed up the construction by trying to build it too steep, and finally the great pyramids.

King of Rasslin:
                      "...a famous one of a "giant" is in England."

How does Cern Abbas fit into this?

"Among that and the stonehenge, there is probably some ancient civilization that we haven't discovered yet. "

In fact how does stonehenge fit in? We know how it was built...

edit:
                      In addition to the American and Egyptian pyramids being built thousands of years apart, they are also of a different construction...the American "pyramids" are essentially platforms, and are built up from smaller (earlier) platforms insdie the current ones...at least the Mayan ones are.

Comment

• Originally posted by King of Rasslin
                        They did one geoglyph on the side of a hill by digging trenches comparable to WWI. When the religion of the South American tribes was checked out, it wasn't very likely that they did the plains themselves. Geoglyphs exist throughout the world, and a famous one of a "giant" is in England.
                        Want to give a link to the trench you claim is at Nazca?

Not exactly a big deal though. There is nothing stoping them from digging trenches. They dug irrigations cannals.

I like that religion remark. Its such utter rubbish. No one knows diddly about the religion of the people of Nazca. They are long gone and were illiterate. We don't even know much about the Incas and they fought the Spanish. We only know a bit about the Mayans even though they were literate. Aztecs we have a lot more knowledge of but they didn't even exist at the time the Nazca lines apear to have been made.

Some guesses have been made about the Nazca religion. The guess is that they had a bunch of mountain gods but its pretty much a WAG and not something based on evidence.

Comment

• It seems to me that the more condescending position to take is that the ancients in Egypt and America were so backwards and stupid that they couldn't build these things without some sort of extra-terrestrial help.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Rasslin, do you have any idea just how many MesoAmerican pyramids there are!?! Every single city had at least one, even some small villages. That's hundreds, potentially thousands of pyramids scatterd trhoughout Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras. You think at least one of them isn't going to have the same base dimensions as the great pyramid of Cheops? Hell, I'm sure if you looked around, you'll find a building or two in American with the same base dimensions. Does that mean that Americans are getting help from aliens?

You know what I've never seen mentioned about the Nazca plains markings? The fact that there are mountains and hills within viewing distance. Even the stupid videos that alien lovers proclaim, "look, there's no way these people could have looked at these" shows hills in the background.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• A pity with all the advanced powers they must have had to do all this supposed beliefs, they couldn't make their message a little clearer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethelred

However I like to keep in mind the alleged shrines in one ancient city in India that turned out to be the worlds first indoor plumbing, specificaly a toilet.
                                That's not a shrine! It's a throne

Comment

Working...
                                X