Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    There was an article on Salon.com about the catacomb explorers about a month or two back. Despite the fact that most of the tunnels are off limits, there are so many access points that it's impossible to keep people out. Even in the wee hours of the morning, there are hundreds of people down there, illegally. To keep people safe and to keep people out of the tunnels, there is a special police unit which tramps through the tunnels arresting who they can find and fining them.
    well we entered from the "official" point of entrance. (paid our tickets and everything). and it is obvious that from there NOONE can enter illegaly.

if what is written is true propably there are other points of entrance.

it was afternoon 4 years back BTW and there were not a lot of people. just 20 or so. and in that maze, let me tell you that aint a lot there was a fair share of goths and some dodgy necrophiliacs or what have you. not the most pleasant of companies especially with mountains of skulls besides you and dark passages about death written in greek and latin

Comment

• it's said that the catacombs are all over Paris underground. huge things. we only saw a tiny "controlled" portion of them.

I remember near one of a metro station next to the concord plaza (sp? - where that huge egyptian column is) there was a sign that said entrance to the catacombs but it was sealed.

what an "exciting" pass time to try and find entrances and get down there

Comment

• What about the structures at Nan Madol, Pohnpei, Micronesia?

I saw a tv-programme about it some time ago. They said scientists have no explanations for it. Especially transportation of the heavy megaton structures was puzzling.

Maybe some of you have an explanation?

Comment

• Yes: we're sending stupid scientists to investigate.

Comment

• When will people realize that "they say" does not evidence make?

Comment

• A star map is the representation of the sky above our heads. If we want to project the stars to the ground below
              this guy is the one wanting to flip the map around. of course the line up with what the constelation looks like when we look up....
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lars-E
                What about the structures at Nan Madol, Pohnpei, Micronesia?

I saw a tv-programme about it some time ago. They said scientists have no explanations for it. Especially transportation of the heavy megaton structures was puzzling.

Maybe some of you have an explanation?
                Who are those scientists? Their credentials? Their backgrounds?

Comment

• Bah, the pyramids! What about Newgrange - where light shines in through a small aperture on the morning of the Winter Solstice to illuminate the tomb. Now that's ancient ingenuity.
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

• Re: Who made the pyramids. They must have been smarter than us!

Originally posted by CyberShy
                    The pyramid of Cheops:

- The pyramid of Cheops is located exactly in the center of the geographic earth. (the landmass)
                    - it's located on the crosspoint of the longest landcontact meridian and the longest land parallel.
                    - it's north and south (and west and east) sides are perfectly facing north and south (and east and west)
                    - the length of the size is exactly 365,242 el. (the avg number of days of a year)

Besides that do modern architects have no clue on how this pyramid could ever have been build, neither would they know how to reproduce it.

Who built it? How came they were that smart?
                    When the Pryramid was built it wasn't any of those things, but thousands of years later, the sheer mass and gravitational pull of all that concentrated rock pulled all surface landmass into orbit around it thus centering it at the geographic heart. Likewise this effect on the planets gravitational forces MADE all meridians and parallels line up with such a big pile of rocks.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Merciless Who are those scientists? Their credentials? Their backgrounds?
                      What in the world...

Meaning that there are no scientists with expertise on these matters that can explain them. Meaning the whole scientific community of such experts. I am not including "new-age scientists" or such. I don't know what their opinions are.

If you know of any scientists that can explain it please enlighten us.

Comment

• Obviously JohnT, Lord Merciless, and other "intellectuals" have never heard of Nan Madol. If you know nothing....maybe it would be best to shut up?

Comment

What in the world...

Meaning that there are no scientists with expertise on these matters that can explain them. Meaning the whole scientific community of such experts. I am not including "new-age scientists" or such. I don't know what their opinions are.

If you know of any scientists that can explain it please enlighten us.
                          You are the one who made the assertion, thus you have to show proofs. Maybe your are nice enough to let us know who those scientists are? I have neither approved nor refuted your claim.

Comment

Obviously JohnT, Lord Merciless, and other "intellectuals" have never heard of Nan Madol. If you know nothing....maybe it would be best to shut up?
                            I heard of it. Big deal. Some people decided to stack a bunch of heavy basalt columns in a big pile. It obviously was a lot of work. Humans did it.

This is another case of some one with a desperate need for aliens or Atlanteans making bogus claims that natives couldn't possibly do what they clearly did. As in 'We don't know how they could do it and don't want to strain our tiny little minds trying to think how they could so it was Space Aliens or Atlanteans in the Pacific or Mueans.'

Comment

• Let me quote:

"Since the time of the first European contact the tendency has been to underestimate the Micronesians. I recall some popular literature from the 1930s where the authors credit the building of Nan Madol in particular to 'an unkown race' and attributing motives that were quite far-fetched. "Even today," she says, "many people, including many of my colleagues, seem reluctant to see any of this as much more than the remains of an old, rather localized collection of chiefdoms. I think there is good evidence to suggest that they were much more than that. If we look at the total picture, taking into account information from Micronesian informants, reports of early visitors, the evidence of exchange with other islands --- trade, the exercise of political power, etc. --- we can begin to see Nan Madol and Lelu in a better light. What I am beginning to see is that they were most likely the administrative capitals of two, sometimes allied island states that for five centuries supported a vibrant and capable civilization comparable in several respects to the Incan empire in 13th-century Peru and Ecuador."

Oh, wait. The Incans built Machu Pichu using alien slave labor ala the Egyptians. I forgot.

Comment

Obviously JohnT, Lord Merciless, and other "intellectuals" have never heard of Nan Madol. If you know nothing....maybe it would be best to shut up?
                                Perhaps we were ignoring you, trying to stay ON TOPIC. But, as the above post shows, I couldn't stay away.

I googled Nan Madol and after 4 pages have still yet to find a link that even suggests that there was anything "supernatural" or "mystic" about the building. Perhaps, before you shut up, you might clue us in as to why you brought this increasingly irrelevant subject into a debate about the origins of the Pyramids?

Comment

Working...
                                X