Official Star Wars Kicks Arse Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't resist........Argh.....
    Must include reference to Klingons from Uranus.....
    Aughhhhh
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• "have you guys ever been to uranus?"

*snicker*
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Marcus

That's cause originally the idea was that their homeworld would be called "Kling". It was even mentioned once ("the traitors of Kling", or something). That was scrapped cause it sounded too stupid.
        And the Bendi Bendi even though they are from Deneb....
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Skips oodles of weird-ass Star Trek vs. Star Wars discussion

Anyway, I just saw the movie, and I don't know what you all are complaining about. Sure, the love scenes were hokey, and start of the movie was bit slow (even though I enjoyed the Coruscant chase scene), but the other half of the movie was cool and more than made it up. Even Jar Jar wasn't too annoying, although he still was somewhat annoying. I can't say how it relates to original trilogy, but it's way ahead of Phantom Menace. (Then again, anything is.)

Incidentally, while those Anakin/Padme scenes were hokey, I'd have to say that my favorite snippet of movie was Anakin, after killing the Tusken Riders, going about how they were animals and they deserved it, and then start of Imperial March playing. Dah dah dah dahdadah dahdadah!
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Ah, the Imperial Death March... that piece of music just rules, doesn't it?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Imperial Death March also plays during the second-final scene, where Palpatine is inspecting the clone troopers. Cool scene, BTW.

I still believe there's going to be a funky-ass twist about Palpatine and Sidvicious that's going to surprise everyone. Otherwise what's the point?
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• I'm hoping that Lucas will surprise us and Senator Palpatine will not really be Darth Sideous...

and by the way... why does everybody insist on calling it the "Imperial Death March" when it is just plane and simple "Imperial March"

Comment

• Imperial Death March also plays during the second-final scene, where Palpatine is inspecting the clone troopers. Cool scene, BTW.

Yep, that is one of the best parts of the movie, IMO.

As for Palpatine and Sidious, there is a rumor that Palpatine is one of Sidious' clones. Then again, Lucas might not want to go for the super complex story arc and just basically say Palpy is Sidious and that is the way it is .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• When did I insist, DV .

I called it the Imperial March earlier in this thread .

Comment

• But that Sid dyas (sp) guy died 10 years ago, according to Obi Wan. If Palpatine is Sid dyas I'm sure the Jedi council would know, right?

Comment

• fguhglhjlgkhglkghfgkjfhglksfghfklgfshglkghsdlfkjg
                        film was good
                        dsgflkjghfklghdskghdsklghdsfkdshfdksfhdslfdslfh

Comment

• My ass isn't settled.

Comment

• darth vader wheeeee!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• But that Sid dyas (sp) guy died 10 years ago, according to Obi Wan. If Palpatine is Sid dyas I'm sure the Jedi council would know, right?

I believe they thought Maul was the Sith Lord (not the apprentace) and therefore believed him to be Sideous.

Comment

• yes, but they never named Darth Maul Darth Sidious...

I think

Comment

Working...
                                X