Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's keep Species 8472 out of this.

*sits back, watches the argument, and gets some pop corn*
    The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Marcus

The Borg are from Delta
      That's true.

where do those humans come from?
      Don't know, but it isn't the Milky Way Galaxy/

that is canon.
      Unless contradicted by the movies, yep.

If a big threat comes along, I know they will all ally against a common enemy. We know the Borg do this. The Federation does it all the time. As do the others.

If we add the dominion the war will be over pretty quickly. We know they are friendly towards the Federation now thanks to Odo, so it won't be hard to convince them to fight along side them. Also, even before the Dominion War even began, the Dominion had some temporary "alliances" with the Federation to take out a mutual threat. With those big Jem'Hadar ships (the one from the ep Valiant) the Empire will be finished in no time.

Jem Hadar clone soldiers vs Stormtrooper clone soldiers? Interesting. But we know Jem Hadar are a lot tougher than Stormtroopers.

But in general I think both the Dominion and Collective could defeat the Empire one on one. So could Species 8472 btw.

8472 vs The Empire? Since the Empire doesn't have nanoprobes I don't think there is much they can do to stop the bioships from taking over the Galaxy.

So 5 scenarios: Dominion vs Empire, Collective vs Empire, Species 8472 vs Empire,
      Federation/Klingons/Romulans/Cardasians vs Empire, Federation/Klingons/Breen/Romulans/Cardasians/Dominion/Borg vs Empire.

1 will be an easy win for the Empire. 2 will be evenly matched. 2 the Empire would lose.

Let's talk about Coalitions for a moment, shall we?

(1) of all, we're assming the Empire would be combating the powers of the Milky Way. S8472 isn't in the milky, they're in "fluidic space"(whatever the hell that means). So, S8472 are out.

(2)No alliance would be formed that would include the Borg. Even if the alliance were able to defeat the Empire (unlikely, IMO) the Milky Way would be overrun with Borg vessels. The medicine, as the saying goes, would be worse than the cure. Many Local Nation/Empires would swicth sides completely and join the Empire right then and there.

(3)The Dominion, as they pissed away so many assets in their Alpha Quadrant campiagn, probaly has enough trouble keeping sufficent force in the Gamma Quadrant, and undoubtably would not be inclined to send forces away from their home territories after they lost 2800 warships in the Bajoran Wormhole incident. These assumes, of course, that the Alpha Quadrant Powers would want to run the risk of giving the Dominion bases in the AQ again.

(4) Because of its losses in the Dominion War, the Cardassian empire would be a non-factor in any war against the Empire. With the bulk of its outer colonies annexed by the Romulan and Klingon empires and its homeworld devastated by Jem'Hadar aggression, the Cardassian Empire has effectively ceased to exist as a military power. Moreover, the destruction to its assets and military-industrial base was so extensive that they will be unable to recover for decades, if ever.

(5)The Romulans are extremely xenophobic, sitting out the DW up until the Federation tricked them into thinking the Dominion was on the Verge of attacking them. They might see this as a "Human problem", and may even be able to take the oppurtunity to cut their own deal with the Empire, and take over Vulcan and her colonies.

(6)The Klingons, the most likely AQ power to stick by the Federation in any war with the Empire, assuming they too don't percieve it as a "Human affair". Remember, it was Section-31's own prediction that the Klingon Empire would be spending "The next Ten years" recovering from the DW, and might be so inclined as to see what deal they can cut with the Empire.

(7)Coalition-building is potentially useful, but given the relative immaturity and numerical weakness of the major local military powers, even the most optimistic scenario (the full backing of the Klingons, the Romulans, the Cardassians, the Dominion, and the Borg) would be unlikely to stop an Imperial advance. Therefore, while coalition-building is a laudable goal, more creative strategies would be necessary for the Milky Way galaxy to eventually through out the Empire.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• Speaking of Star Wars, did anyone see the Star Wars Fan Film Awards on Sci-Fi?
        "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

• Originally posted by Jules
          Speaking of Star Wars, did anyone see the Star Wars Fan Film Awards on Sci-Fi?
          Yep
          Last edited by Lonestar; May 20, 2002, 22:59.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• I'm willing to bet, as Lonestar states, many Alpha Quadrant groups would make deals with the Empire and align with them, particularly if that meant taking down the Federation. The notion they would team with the Borg is ludicrous, as I'm sure they'd rather be ruled by the Empire than assimilated by the Borg.

That's the disadvantage of the coalition idea, though: It's easy for a unified Empire, invading the Milky Way, with unquestioned loyalty to the Emperor, to avoid sectional strife, while the coalition could be shattered just by promising spoils to those who jump ship against the Feds.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Alternative question: if there was a war between the Minbari and the Borg, who would win?

If Dr. Who adjusted his chameleon device so that it would appear to be the battleship bismark floating in space, would it confuse an onlooking picard?

Yes, I am a geek… :-D
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

• Glad you agree, Boris.

Comment

• Originally posted by monolith94
                  Alternative question: if there was a war between the Minbari and the Borg, who would win?

If Dr. Who adjusted his chameleon device so that it would appear to be the battleship bismark floating in space, would it confuse an onlooking picard?

Yes, I am a geek… :-D
                  (1) The Minbari would lose...but the Vorlons and Shadows would kick ass.

(2)Picard's French. He'd run.

Comment

• Hey, this is a STAR WARS thread, ergo all match ups must involve a Star Wars theme.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar
                      Glad you agree, Boris.
                      But the Empire would still lose in the end, because Good will always eventually beat Evil in Sci-Fi.

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

But the Empire would still lose in the end, because Good will always eventually beat Evil in Sci-Fi.

Ah, but you forgot Darth Helmet's Law(tm)

"Evil shall always win, because good is stupid."

Comment

• Yeah, but did Dark Helmet win?

Noooooo. Ergo he was speaking from his posterior.

(And it's "Good is Dumb", just to nitpick. )
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Lonestar

Ah, but you forgot Darth Helmet's Law(tm)

"Evil shall always win, because good is stupid."

That would be " good is dumb."

EDIT: To fast for me Boris!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• When I was a kid, my brothers and I would always play Star Wars vs. G.I. Joe. Anybody have thoughts about who would win that battle?
                              "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

• Lonestar, you were "in" the movie and don't know the quote?

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X