No announcement yet.

sex is overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh you poor man. You can be helped you know.
    Come on down to your local clinic and we can discuss easy payments on a plan to restore you to the full functionality that you were intended to have. It's either that or "Exodus" for you. Personally I'd go for the dugs. They're much easier to take than never ending sessions with a bunch of sweaty gay fundies trying to fool themselves into believing that they're interested in doing anything more than getting naked together and re-enacting the fall of Sodom and Gomorrah.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Women.
      I happen to like being a woman tyvm, Not that i have had any experince being a man But i must say the focus on sex is circumstancial For instance i can lay in the bed with mr tubes and be as content as doing the act, its the closeness, I can sit in the same room has he while hes playing one of his many games and not be bothered that he isnt paying attention to me, Sex isnt only physical its mental too.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Ironically, the source is the same for both extremes, the monotheists. By claiming that sex is bad and evil, the montheists have created a reaction to them that is almost as bad, people having lots of meaningless, self-absorbed, use your partner sex.
        First of all, 'monotheists', if you also include Christians, they should not be teaching that sex, or even the sex drive is bad and evil. The question is what do you do with both? There are positive outlets for both, in marriage.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And outside of marriage.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            Hmm-- I always found it curious that men seem intrigued by the idea of woman-woman sex while many straight women seem fine with it . IN contrast man-man sex seems to rlicit a much more negative reaction.
            That's because men are ugly. Nobody wants to watch ugly things
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Not all men are ugly, just the men you hang out with coding FOSS all day.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Tubes ain't ugly and he's a man, besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                  Tubes ain't ugly and he's a man, besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
                  I was talking to UR. I don't know if Tubes is ugly or not.

Comment

You gotta find the right man... I mean don't go be picking up Bubba from some bar.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Judaism doesnt say sex is bad and evil.
                      I wonder if even islam or christianity uniformly regard it as bad. I've heard christians tell me point blank that they don't believe sex is immoral.

OTOH it seems like at least some of those christians insist that everything relating to sex has to be totally kept out of the public view, and that attitude seems to apply in islamic regions as well.

Comment

Well, you can find atheist puritanians too.

There are always going to be exceptions, but I can't see how it would be unfair to say that Christianity generally takes a pretty dim view of sex and sexuality.

@Diss: Forgive me if I take the fact you're starting threads like this as suggesting you actually do want sex (and that's inclusive of the mental bit Mrs Tub is speaking of - likely that's part of why you do not seem satisfied with bought sex), but try to tell yourself you don't want to.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

I wonder if even islam or christianity uniformly regard it as bad.
                          You should read some of the early Church fathers and mediaeval theologians on what 'women' are like. The misogyny and hatred is paralleled only in modern times by fundie Christian frothings and ravings about gay men (and lesbians, when they can remember they exist).

Judaism enjoins husbands to give sexual pleasure to wives, and although I can't remember the exact references in the Koran, I seem to recall Islam expects husbands to give their wives sexual pleasure too, despite whatever cultural practices may now exist.

Origen castrated himself, out of fear and disgust at his sexuality, and Tertullian, Augustine of Hippo and St. Jerome all see 'woman' as an unclean vessel. This view was carried on by the early mediaeval theologians, and also by St. Thomas Aquinas.

But what could you expect from a bunch of sex denying males living communally?
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I'd hit it.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                              I'd hit it.

You'd hit Thomas Aquinas?

He was a bit of a lardy boy.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

He needs some outlet for his philosophophilia
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X