sex is overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex is overrated

now, now I'm not going to create a repeat of my thread about wanting to play video games rather than have sex. we know that isn't true. But you can't have sex all day (at least I can't), but you can play computer games all day.

My point is sex is something that only lasts a short period of time. Why does our culture focus so much on it? Life is more than sex. It's about socialization, it's about going out and having fun. I don't think humans have sex over 1% of our time, so why does it dominate 75% of our entertainment?

discuss.

Depression will do that to you.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm not saying I don't like sex I do. But it's not something I think about more than say 10% of my time.

Comment

Re: sex is overrated

Originally posted by Dissident

My point is sex is something that only lasts a short period of time.
        Speak for yourself

Seriously though . . .while the act is of a more limited duration, the quest for sex involves hours and hours and hours of time for many many people.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: sex is overrated

My point is sex is something that only lasts a short period of time.
          Well, for you, maybe.

I like to punctuate a lengthy session with drinks, something to eat, et cetera. After all, one needs something for fuel.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Sex may be brief, but making out can last quite long.

Not that I have any experience...
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I'm not saying I don't like sex I do. But it's not something I think about more than say 10% of my time.

Hmmm and I would say that no more than 10% of our entertainment . . . say on television is "sexual " in nature. Its tough to define since is the fact that they hire an attractive part of your 75% number.

Think about it . .. game shows, the news, many sitcoms etc have very little sexual content ( yes and others have lots) If you factor in things like the History channel, Treehouse, YTV etc, I have a hard time accepting your 75% claim.

I DO accept that there is a lot of sex in entertainment . .. I just don't see any problem with that
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Sex is great. I wouldnt mind having sex as a career
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                  Sex is great. I wouldnt mind having sex as a career
                  Enter politics, where being a whore or whoremaster isn't illegal, and can even land you a well paid 'position'.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Naw, im thinking more like condom tester, or faith healer
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Baptist minister.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Sex is, and has always been, a very important part of culture, despite the monothesitic religions' attempts to crush it. Let's face it, we are designed to have sex, to want to have sex. The whole purpose of life is to create new life.

The problem isn't that we are obessed with sex, but that we have such unhealthy attitudes towards sex. Ironically, the source is the same for both extremes, the monotheists. By claiming that sex is bad and evil, the montheists have created a reaction to them that is almost as bad, people having lots of meaningless, self-absorbed, use your partner sex.

Comment

Sex?

Oh, now I see. I believe it's here to stay.

Comment

Sex is great because it's multiplayer.

Comment

Okay this kind of thread is showing some kind of big issue. Sex is over-rated? Heterosexual sex? Dude.. seriously, you have to try it with a guy. I mean come on.. there is nothing like getting under the covers with a hottie... and don't be in denial about it like I was at one point. A long time ago I made a thread about sleeping with a bloke, and in reality I really did. Nothing to be ashamed about.

If you are tired of straight sex, go gay. For goodness sakes... lol.. get yourself a boyfriend. Get attached to him, sleep with him. I mean afterall, don't guys understand other guys more?

*runs*
                              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                              X