No announcement yet.

sex is overrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should read some of the early Church fathers and mediaeval theologians on what 'women' are like. The misogyny and hatred is paralleled only in modern times by fundie Christian frothings and ravings about gay men (and lesbians, when they can remember they exist).
    Well, even the Apostle Paul, for all his love of the unmarried state, insisted that neither married men nor women should deprive the other of their body.

I'd love to see some quotes backing up this assertion.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

It's balanced out by the crap taste in music and films that comes with the territory. And the cripplingly prohibitive standards of personal hygiene.
      Include me out of that assessment, thank you.

'I'd love to see some quotes backing up this assertion.'

Obi Gyn

Well, I'm sure we'd all love to see quotes backing up all your various assertions and assumptions, but we can't all get what we want.

I've listed some relevant church fathers renowned for their misogyny, some of whom I've quoted in this very forum before, and you've made a single statement about Paul, the Jew hater, not notably backed up by any direct quotes from any of his epistles.

I think for once I'll rest on my laurels, and let you do some work.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

It's balanced out by the crap taste in music and films that comes with the territory. And the cripplingly prohibitive standards of personal hygiene.
        How I would love to believe you

Regarding Paul... is it particularly wise to take the advice on marriage of men who gre up thinking it was acceptable to beat women and treat them as property, merely by virtue of age and artificial connection to a fairy tale (connection made by similar men over the following millenium or two)?
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

Regarding Paul... is it particularly wise to take the advice on marriage of men who gre up thinking it was acceptable to beat women and treat them as property, merely by virtue of age and artificial connection to a fairy tale (connection made by similar men over the following millenium or two)?
          I'd say no.

But then I'm an atheistical gay homo pinko commie antichrist who makes assertions, so what would I know?

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

You're a commie? Cool
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              You're a commie? Cool
              No, 'twas a jest.

I'd never join a club that would have me as a member.

I'm a Groucho Marx-ist.

Comment

Er, wasn't that Woody Allen? Or did he just quote Groucho. Either way, it's always been one of my favourite sayings.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                  Er, wasn't that Woody Allen? Or did he just quote Groucho. Either way, it'll always be one of my favourite sayings.
                  Winston, are you asking me for a quote?
                  Since when did you find religion?

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

-- Groucho Marx

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing..if you can fake that, you've got it made.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

She got her good looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon.

I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

Remember men you are fighting for the ladies honor, which is probably more than she ever did.

Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.

Last night I shot an elephant in my pyjamas and how he got in my pyjamas I'll never know.

We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. . . but we're going back next week.

Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows, marriage does.

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

Go, and never darken my towels again.

Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Groucho Marx- the Comedic Manifesto

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    If it were a choice, I think I'd rather be gay. I'd like to have the fashion sense and ability to dance that comes with it. Plus, not having to deal with women.
                    Believe me, it's not inherent, despite what some misguided gays think. I know quite a few gay men and women, many of whom I'd consider close friends. Some of them definitely have great fashion/design sense, but there are others who just assume that because they're gay, they have that great sense too. And it's so tragic when they really don't.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki

Believe me, it's not inherent, despite what some misguided gays think.

I suspect I know rather more gay men than you do. And I don't think it's us that make the assumption, but others- like chegitz.

Comment

• @ those Groucho quotes!

Thanks, that really cheered me up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                          @ those Groucho quotes!

Thanks, that really cheered me up!
                          Dane ardour.

Comment

• You want to step outside and repeat that, mister?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

I suspect I know rather more gay men than you do. And I don't think it's us that make the assumption, but others- like chegitz.
                              I'm sure you do, and perhaps you misunderstood me. I definitely know a few gay men that really believe they have great taste in fashion/design simply by virtue of them being gay - and they most certainly do not.

I did not mean to imply that all gays think this way - indeed, I also have gay friends who have horrible taste but know they have horrible taste.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston

You want to step outside and repeat that, mister?
                                Give it a Latin beat- 'de nada'- = 'de rien'

or in American, 'no biggie'.

Comment

Working...
                                X