Huygens Descent Onto Titan Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat to hear about Huygens.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

w00t!

Lets see the pictures.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
        I'm watching this right now. Did the Nasa guys forgot to turn their micks on?
        They have Irish translators?

Or they're attempting to get some Irish people carnally excited?

Very strange developments at NASA indeed...
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Aww, 0430 PST.

Comment

hehe

So the micks were eventually turned on. I shouldnt have put the max volume

Bt ths hs bn grt sccs s fr
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Why arent they showing anything now?
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

WHat!!?? It's alrady over? I thought this was going to happen tonight, not this morning?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ESA Site informs "13.34 CET : Surface touchdown", so it's still landing, but getting very close to the surface. There will be another news briefing in 20 minutes on NASA TV.

After that.. at 16.14 (CET) First data is sent to Earth so sometime after that we might see some pictures.

Comment

News conference on CNN right now!
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Man, if there is one thing I hate about ESA briefings.. is that they never have anyone with fluent english to do the talking, aargh

I can understand that all the hotshots who've taken part in the mission want to be there and talk to the press.. but I cant understand half of what they are saying.. pronouncing english like its french/german. I miss NASA briefings.

Comment

Originally posted by shammy
                        Man, if there is one thing I hate about ESA briefings.. is that they never have anyone with fluent english to do the talking, aargh

I can understand that all the hotshots who've taken part in the mission want to be there and talk to the press.. but I cant understand half of what they are saying.. pronouncing english like its french/german. I miss NASA briefings.
                        So we can listen to some cigar chomping redneck instead?

Comment

200 journalists in the room and not one had a decent question to ask???

Comment

What would we do if the first and only visual transmission was of a lifeform that looks like the alien from Alien storming towards the probe and grabbing it?

Comment

Eagerly awaiting the sequel?

Comment

Aye, I bet in that case we would indeed see a sort of pyramid shape in the panorama images

But, seriously.. from what i've read.. all three parachutes did open succesfully and the heatshield was jettisoned without incident. They also know that some of the instruments did send data back to Cassini.
                                There probe touched down on the surfface couple of hours ago and I think it is still "alive" or at least was some moments ago, transmitting the "im alive" signal back to earth.

In less than 30 minutes, the Cassini will start relaying the main data packages back to Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X