No announcement yet.

Huygens Descent Onto Titan Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out it's not a continuous broadcast.

Next time they're on is from 5:00-6:15 a.m. EST (10:00-11:15 a.m. GMT).

/me twiddles thumbs

Comment

So what's up with the name?

Comment

The little UFO made in europe is gonna be the furthest object to land ever made by humans. Good luck little guy! They say if you had a good enough telescope you would see a pun point of light when it enters titans atmosphere.

I wanted to check it out with mine. But titan looks no bigger then a half a dime 10 feet away in my scope. Saturn is too glarry and it took forever to find which was what. stupid saturn was so obvouis tonight above luna
        http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OLHMHMB&key=RRK

:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
          So what's up with the name?
          It's named after the Dutch astronomer who first discovered Titan in the 17th century.

Comment

Not long now.

Broadcast should resume in 10 minutes.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm watching this right now. Did the Nasa guys forgot to turn their micks on?
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Seems so.. no audio. Grr

Comment

what are they showing?

I can't get Nasa TV to work.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

They are showing an interview with the people involved. If you arent getting nasa tv to work.. have you tried all the alternative sources? I always use KSC link, it seems to be reliable.

NASA TV other sources

Comment

nm.

Figured it out.

Comment

Audio is back.

They're talking with mission people about the probe and the expected conditions on Titan.

Have you tried both the RealPlayer and WMP version? The RealPlayer stream works ok for me.

Edit: Great, you got it to work.

Comment

This guy is French I believe.

Comment

Wish they had freakin' captioning though.

No sound card on this computer.

Comment

Woot!

First signal received from Huygens, confirming that systems have been turned on, and that its descent is proceeding as planned. (This is 66 minutes delayed of course).

Comment

Pretty remarkable to have a hour-long delay between transmissions.

Comment

Working...
                                X