Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Jazeera brodcasts message from bin Laden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@tripledoc

Nixen. Very few socalled ethinc danes are hit, but it's a very big hit in newspapers etc when you can find an example where an ethnic dane is hit by the rules. The vast majority that is hit by the rules is "nonetnich" danes.

Yes, there are criterias you have tho live up to to get the money back, and what is the problem with that ? Isn't it resaonable with a three year period to learn the language of the country you want to stay in for the rest of your life ?

You forgot inflation.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I think the Danish policy on immigration has very little to do with Bin Laden's latest words of wisdom.

Maybe Tripledoc should open a new thread if he's so keen on the subject. Preferably in "Other Games".

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Maybe Tripledoc should open a new thread if he's so keen on the subject. Preferably in "Other Games".

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think the Danish policy on immigration has very little to do with Bin Laden's latest words of wisdom.

Oups. Sorry, got carried away - back to the track:

I don't think OBL gives a s*** who is the american president as long as he don't approve shaira as the fundament for law.

The newly released speech from OBL is nothing but a psycologiacal bomb - there are no specific support for any of the candidates. It's more like a "hello, i'm still here, you can't be safe nowhere" message. It's just standard procedure to try to undermine the stability of your enemy.

And as a matter of fact, he has succeded. Just take the big debate whether he tries to support one or the other candidate - it weakens both.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Very few socalled ethinc danes are hit, but it's a very big hit in newspapers etc when you can find an example where an ethnic dane is hit by the rules. The vast majority that is hit by the rules is "nonetnich" danes.
            No the majority who are hit by the law are ethnic Danes, and their non-Danish spouses..

Yes, there are criterias you have tho live up to to get the money back, and what is the problem with that ? Isn't it resaonable with a three year period to learn the language of the country you want to stay in for the rest of your life ?
            Ever hear of retroactive law-making? A bad idea.

Comment

You found an opportunity to take a dump on Sweden, because bin Laden had mentioned it for its freedom. Then I mentioned in defense of Sweden laws in Denmark which makes it a less free country than Sweden. Then Blackcat disagreed, whereafter I disagreed with Blackcat.

I can't see how this is off topic.

Comment

At any rate the reason Osama, if that is him, mentioned Sweden was probably because he spent a holiday there in his youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

In some aspects you are right, but we have many freedoms that Ámericans don't. Like taking a hike in the forest is not trespassing.
                  What are you talking about
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
                    What are you talking about
                    In Sweden, you can go on private property without it to be considered trespassing (as long as you don't disturb the owner). This means you can go for a walk, or even do some free camping in the forest, even if the forest belongs to somebody.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• We have no fences saying "no trespassing", because land owners are not allowed to keep people out, except for their private residences.

But as I said before, I doubt this was the reason Osama mentioned Sweden. Rather the fact that we stopped invading other countries by 1815. We respect other people's freedom.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripledoc

You found an opportunity to take a dump on Sweden, because bin Laden had mentioned it for its freedom. Then I mentioned in defense of Sweden laws in Denmark which makes it a less free country than Sweden. Then Blackcat disagreed, whereafter I disagreed with Blackcat.

I can't see how this is off topic.
                        I still disagree with you, but as a matter of fact, danish immigration law has very little to do with OBL even if he mentioned sweden, so it is off topic. If you think danish immigration law is interesting, then start a new thread. I'm sorry i answered (ishould hav known better , but i couldn't let it go by.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                          We have no fences saying "no trespassing", because land owners are not allowed to keep people out, except for their private residences.
                          So private property isn't so private uh. Different strokes I suppose.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• A much better outcome to all of this would have been for both candidates to agree not to respond at all to the video, but for either of them to have the decency or the balls to do that would be expecting too much I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprayber

So private property isn't so private uh. Different strokes I suppose.
                              Private residences are private in all aspects of the word. You can't walk into people's garden. Forest and agricultural land is private in the sense that the owner has sole right to the income from crops grown on it. But it's forbidden by law to keep people from walking on the land as long as they don't do any harm to the crops. And wild berries, forest fungus etc, are free for all to pick.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprayber
                                A much better outcome to all of this would have been for both candidates to agree not to respond at all to the video, but for either of them to have the decency or the balls to do that would be expecting too much I suppose.
                                Agreed.

However, I imagine Bush saw the video as a blessing, since it overshadowed the scandal of the Iraqi explosives. So Bush used it, as this news material can be favourable to him. I think Kerry would have preferred the Iraqi explosives to be the final news item before the election.

However, there is something to be milked from OBL as well (although it's not as beneficial as the explosives scandal), and besides, he cannot risk to look "soft on terror" just when OBL rears his ugly head back again.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X