Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Jazeera brodcasts message from bin Laden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think everyone is trying to see this in whatever light supports their candidate.
    Since I won't be voting for either, I'd say the OBL tape helps Bush. It focuses Americans on terrorism and as illogical as that seems, that helps Bush since the polls show he's way ahead on that issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker

Since I won't be voting for either, I'd say the OBL tape helps Bush. It focuses Americans on terrorism and as illogical as that seems, that helps Bush since the polls show he's way ahead on that issue.
      I just thought it was tasteless by both side but I understand why they said what they said.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• The whole "OBL wants the OTHER guy to win" stuff is rediculous and I comend the people who have said it will have no effect on how they vote. I will give you 3 reasons.

Just because OBL is the "Enemy" dose not mean that doing the opposite of what he wants is (outside of the obvious stuff like not letting him kill us in large numbers) is nessarily good for us. Its much like saying the Palistinians should KEEP Arrafat as their leader because Sharon is trying to get rid of him (unfortunatly that precisly how most people think).

OBL has been very wrong in judging American reactions to his terrorist attacks in the past so why would he be any better at predicting other things, he reportedly though we would not respond to 9/11 or might colapse like the Soviet Union. Any logical person can see he has his Turban on too tight and his judgments should be questioned.

OBL is not (as far as we know) a Registered Voter in Florida, Pensyvania or Ohio and will thus have absolutly no effect on the outcome of the election.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
          Of course it is.

*spits on Reagan's grave*
          go **** yourself
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
            The whole "OBL wants the OTHER guy to win" stuff is rediculous and I comend the people who have said it will have no effect on how they vote. I will give you 3 reasons.

Just because OBL is the "Enemy" dose not mean that doing the opposite of what he wants is (outside of the obvious stuff like not letting him kill us in large numbers) is nessarily good for us. Its much like saying the Palistinians should KEEP Arrafat as their leader because Sharon is trying to get rid of him (unfortunatly that precisly how most people think).

OBL has been very wrong in judging American reactions to his terrorist attacks in the past so why would he be any better at predicting other things, he reportedly though we would not respond to 9/11 or might colapse like the Soviet Union. Any logical person can see he has his Turban on too tight and his judgments should be questioned.

OBL is not (as far as we know) a Registered Voter in Florida, Pensyvania or Ohio and will thus have absolutly no effect on the outcome of the election.
            Basically Bin Laden just wants attention, he wants to world to know how valuable his opinon is.

I think next he is making an appearance on day time talk show The View to discuss which tampon is the best.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalinasmpf
              So you mean they artificially produce Goldstein's messages? That would mean the Two Minutes Hate mass media is a concocted scheme! So the entire Eurasian terror threat is artificial?
              You know, I was having the same thoughts run through my head.

The whole situation does have a touch of Orwellian undertones, doesn't it?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer

You know, I was having the same thoughts run through my head.

The whole situation does have a touch of Orwellian undertones, doesn't it?
                still like good little sheep people in america will believe the bul**it they've been told by Bush and pals.

But dont worry, myself and most british people will consider it returning the favour for your help in WWII, when we come and liberate america from the orwellian nightmare it is creating for itself

We wont forget the freedoms you once enjoyed
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• I love Big Brother.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                    I love Big Brother.
                    i find it the most inane thing on tv - ever. I just cant watch it!
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Since I won't be voting for either...
                      I remember asking you on ICQ four years ago if you'd rather vote for Bush or Gore if there weren't any other options.

You replied 'Death is not an option?'

Comment

In a Documentation which came just on TV,
                        a pakistan Reporter who has ties to Al Quaeda said,
                        that the Iraq War helped Al Quaeda a lot.
                        Before the Iraq War it was hard for Al Quaeda to find new Recruits,
                        after the war, there were no more Problems, as plenty of recruits showed up, even in Iraq.

If OBL shares this view,
                        Bush might only benefit his cause,
                        and therefore in this case might be intendeed to help Bush
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• go **** yourself

*bombs Reagan's grave some more*
                          Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
                          The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
                          Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
                          We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Comment

• Apparently, the translation wasn't quite right.

Now, granted, this is from the NY Post, but the translations come from the MEMRI

November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race — and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.
                            The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.

MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.

Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.

That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."

MEMRI also translated an analysis of bin Laden's statement from the Islamist Web site al-Qal'a, well known for posting al-Qaeda messages, which agreed that bin Laden's use of the word "ay-wilaya" was meant as a "warning to every U.S state separately."

"It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy," the Web site said, according to MEMRI's translation.
                            Now...maybe I'm silly, I don't know...but does Bin Laden know that New York and Los Angeles are both in states that will vote for Kerry? Same goes for Washington D.C. What, exactly, does he hope to gain by attacking Boise or Charleston?
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• I guess after 911 he doesn't feel the need for another 'symbolic' target? So Texas could be ripe for a visit from obl? all those poor beef herds

Comment

• Mommy, daddy, what is hubris?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X