No announcement yet.

40000 Rapes in Congo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah they should be thankful for slavery!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Feel free to give them your money Sava.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Saying they should be thankful is like saying you should be thankful if a rich person kills your family and then adopts you. Yes, if they had left you to fend for yourself you'd be worse off, and if they hadn't done anything you might still be "worse" off (financially), but that hardly means you should be thankful for what they did.

-Drachasor
        "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            Originally posted by Caligastia

Don't be confused. That was deluded-person talk for "I have other issues."

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              If you support reparations for slavery, feel free to give them your money.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

"I dream of a day when a man will be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin."

That's pretty simple stuff. Everyone should have gotten this by now.

There is no room for bigotry in this world.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                  Name one country in the world that has produced more significant black contributions to humanity than U.S. None of that would have been possible if Africans were not assimilated into American culture via slavery.
                  I thought the origin of iron tools in north africa would be beneficial. Of course, it wasn't a nation-state, so it doesn't quite qualify...

Anyway, this thread gets my vote for Dumbest. Thread. Ever.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

There was no racial segregation in Britain, so "special arrangements" had to be made for American forces in Britain for WW2. We abolished slavery long before you. Don't kid yourself into thinking you lead the world in this issue. You don't and never have.
                    This is your response to the statement "Name one country in the world that has produced more significant Black contributions to humanity than U.S." ? If Britain has abolished slavery before the U.S. then why don't they claim more siginificant Black contribution to humanity than U.S.?

The Brits may have abolished human bondage first, but they began a new kind of slavery under Victoria exploiting Asia and Africa economically.

Comment

Democratic Republic of Congo

Only extreme illiteracy makes people misspell "Totalitarian" as "Democratic"
                      money sqrt evil;
                      My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Saying African Americans should be greatful for slavery is absolutely retarded.

You have to wonder if any of the problems Africa is facing today would still be a reality if the slavers had never come. For example, the slave trade completely disrupted whole regions of Africa as they saw the most productive members of their community taken away. In traditional societies, such as they were, social stability can sometimes hang on a very delicate thread, and when you disrupt it so drastically and so suddenly, there's no way for that society to cope or go back to stability.

Also many parts of Africa were genetically raped. You know the stereotype of blacks in the US being bigger and taller and stronger than white people? There's a reason for that. The slavers didn't want puny guys as slaves, so they only took the biggest, strongest, fastest and smartest Africans as slaves... which meant that alot of Africa's most valuable individuals were gone. There's alot of literature out there on the effects this has had, and most of it is quite well founded.

Another thing is, you can't be so blind to think that European slaving and colonization hasn't drastically, drastically altered the course that Africa has taken in the past 500 years. Prior to the Euros going there, Africa was a realtively stable place, especially compared to Europe. If Euros hadn't gone there, there's a VERY good chance Africa wouldn't be in the trouble its in today.

African Americans and African instablity are two chips off the same block, you wouldn't have one without the other. They weren't spared anything.

Comment

The Brits may have abolished human bondage
                          bondage
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

This is your response to the statement "Name one country in the world that has produced more significant Black contributions to humanity than U.S." ? If Britain has abolished slavery before the U.S. then why don't they claim more siginificant Black contribution to humanity than U.S.?
                            I think I just did, didn't I? Would you like me to repeat it?
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Nah, I'm not going to bother with the rule-book. You're as dumb as a sack of hammers, aren't you BFG?

The current positives that black Americans have today didn't happen because of slavery. They happened in spite of slavery. Those involved in slaving weren't doing so out of some altruistic grand scheme- it was because they were ignorant, callous and/or evil. Worse still- even after emancipation Black Americans were still pretty much second-class citizens for the next century.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Well, I think that we nuke Mexico into the stone age, and make sure they aren't helped for a few hundred years. Then, a couple hundred years from now, we can saw that we, America, has contributed more significant mexican figures than any other country.

-Drachasor

Comment

Working...
                                X