• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm think Poly Time Share.... anyone?
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Here's what Lancer said in his Philippines-related-site thread:

So...if he's going to be here only once a month, why is he asking me questions?

I think I'll probably telephone him tonight. Anyone have any questions/comments they wish me to pass along?

To answer the question: Shanghai was okay...but not as much fun as the Phils, and more expensive. It wasn't Stalinistic, like I thought it would be. It's a much more modern city...people in jeans...some panache in their architecture. They just got their first open air mall, with a MacDonalds on every block. I thought about posting some pix, but I figured people must be starting to get pictorially overloaded.
      more pics dammit

Comment

I need a cheaper way to get to the philappines. I'm thinking the cheapest way for me would be to row accross the pacific ocean. I think I can save a lot of money that way and protect the environment at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

more pics dammit

Yeah!

Dick
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            I need a cheaper way to get to the philappines. I'm thinking the cheapest way for me would be to row accross the pacific ocean. I think I can save a lot of money that way and protect the environment at the same time.
            Nah dude, just get an intertube like they have at the waterpark and make a sail out of your shirt.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              I'm think Poly Time Share.... anyone?
              No need. Lancer's house has five bedrooms. Plus, he feeds you.

All it takes is a passport and about $1200 for airfare to Cebu and a few bucks for the jet boat -- although it's faster (and a little more expensive) if you fly Philippine Air Lines to Manila and then fly directly to Tagbalaran.

PM me or Lancer if you're thinking about going.

(BTW: I didn't call Lancer tonight. My phone broke. I went out and bought a cordless one, but the handset takes 12 hours to charge. )

Comment

nice pictures ...

damn, in may next year i'm going scuba diving in the philippines.

seems like fun. i wish i was there already.
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I'm up north with a dialup connection here, which is why I've refrained from posting.

It all looks wonderful, and I look forward to seeing all the pictures when I get back to Vancouver.

Lancer:

Will reply tonight. Carved out a bit of time from my schedule.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    No need. Lancer's house has five bedrooms. Plus, he feeds you.
                    *ahem* IF you contributed to Karen Mills or oerdin's care packages, methinks. But otherwise you'll only be charged a minimal fee.

However, Poly frequent flyer miles... would get my attention.

p.s. I made a boo-boo on the other page. It's 10 pisos= 18-19 pennies, not the other way around.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
                      *ahem* IF you contributed to Karen Mills or oerdin's care packages, methinks. But otherwise you'll only be charged a minimal fee.
                      You mean, some people didn't?!?

Comment

• Cool pictures.

Also, did I get this correctly, you guys went there on a wife finding mission? How did that go?

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion

Also, did I get this correctly, you guys went there on a wife finding mission? How did that go?
                          You'd be incorrect. Both Zkribbler and myself went there to de-stress and the distance ensures that no matter what happened, the people at work couldn't call us in. Zkrib was also looking at the possibility of retiring there. I don't think he was looking for a wife (I don't recall any such conversation), and I sure wasn't. Even the thought of going on a date added a level of stress I didn't want to even think about (I've been really stressed at work, can you tell?).

It wasn't until the trip was more than 1/2 over that Lancer finally convinced me to go on a date with some of Dolores's cousins. Of the ones I dated, there're 2 I'm considering writing back to. As far as one becoming a wife, I figure 'why the hell not?', but that would be a ways down the road. One date does not a lifelong relationship make.
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

All it takes is a passport and about $1200 for airfare to Cebu and a few bucks for the jet boat -- although it's faster (and a little more expensive) if you fly Philippine Air Lines to Manila and then fly directly to Tagbalaran.
                            And a visa if you plan to stay longer than 21 days.

Comment

• Alright, some more pics.

But 1st I'd thought I'd point out this shop in the mall. We could use a store like it in the states (apologies for low lighting)

And I figure someone here would want this truck:

Comment

• Okay, 1st up more scenery. These views are less than 5 minutes walk from Lancer's house:

Comment

Working...
                                X