Philippine Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine Pictures

I think I finally have my photoeditor working. If so, we can start to picture tour of Lancer, Theben and my trip to the Philippines.

We met in Hong Kong and flew into Cebu, where we took a jetboat to the island of Bohol, which is where Lancer & Dolores' house is. At one point, sister jetboat was travelling along side, so I took its picture.
    Attached Files

Here's Lancer's house.

It's in the small town of Jagna (HAG-na)
    Attached Files

Comment

cool. you only have 2?

Comment

No..it's just going slowly. I've al ready received two notices that the website is not responding.

On the first photo...it's supposed to say "the" picture tour and refer to "a" sister jetboat.

Here's a shot from Lancer's kitchen, through the dining room and into the livingroom.
        Attached Files

Comment

nice house. don't aske me why, I was just expecting something 3rd worldish

nice shot of the toilet paper though . or are those paper towels?

Comment

get with the pictures of the Philipino chicks

Comment

Because it was fiesta, all kinds of relatives were coming through. I'm not able to keep most of them straight. Lancer knew most of them. Even Dolores was unsure as to the names of some.

Back row: A relative, Lancer, Dolores, another relative, Theben

From row: Me -- the one and only Zkribbler!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                nice house. don't aske me why, I was just expecting something 3rd worldish
                Like with a PS2 instead of an XBox?

Comment

How old are you? And how come Theben is up there?
                  And lancer...
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Dolores, Theben and Lancer approaching the Apolyton House (in the rear). Note the extension on the front of the first house. It's a "Sorry sorry" store. A lot of people have them to make a few buck.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                      And lancer...
                      I'm 55. Theben is on vacation. Lancer is planning on retiring to the Phils in about 9 years. He says that, once you have a house, you can live like a king on $ 500 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                        And lancer...
                        @ your sig!!!!! (except the gay bits)

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

He says that, once you have a house, you can live like a king on $ 500 per month.
                          Now thats something to look into!!

Comment

Me, Karen Mills, Lancer, Karen Mill's mom and baby & Theben.

For you late comers, Karen Mills and her mom are relatives of Dolores. Karen's mom married a Canadian who got her pregnant with Karen and then abandoned her, which means she couldn't get re-married.

A couple years ago, Karen and her mom were living with relatives in an abusive situation. Karen's mom had a piece of property with no house. Lancer took up a collection on Apolyton, and we built "Apolyton House" for them. It isn't much, but they're delighted because it's much better than they were living in.
                            Attached Files

Comment

As we talked with Karen and her mom, a group of local kids gathered outside. Theben had the idea to give them each a peso, but Dolores suggested they'd like candy better. She went next door to the sorry-sorry store, but when we began to hand it out, a feeding frenzy began.

Here, Lancer takes charge: "You, take one piece of candy. Step back. You, one piece of candy. Step back."
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X