Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

IIRC, it's a French-Canadian Woman.
    Only part. Also part Danish and part Jewish...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Danishes are tasty.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• a jewish french-canadian... brr...
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Last April/May I was hiking with a couple of mates. One of them was dressed in probably $600 worth of clothing, the stuff the rest of us wore were moslty either old, army surplus or home-made. Guess who got a frostbite and pneumonia.
          CSPA

Comment

• Are all of you fat, and he thin?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Fat people get cold faster, 'cos they generally have slower metabolisms. More likely they're all thin and the $600 guy is fat.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I spend about £150-200 a year on clothes. And about half of that in one massive shopping spree in September when I realise all my clothes are worn out.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Thin people have a higher Surface area to Body Mass ratio. That's why babies need to be covered up so much.

There we go.

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; October 6, 2004, 18:36.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Thin people have more surface area.

Comment

• I think he means surface area/volume ratio
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• When our firm was suit and tie dresscode, I dropped about $1,000 each on a set of 5 suits. It's almost impossible to spend too much on a suit, since quality suits look better and are surprisingly comfortable. But now that we moved to business casual, I very rarely wear them.

Anyway, now that we went business casual, I might spend $100 on a nice pair of dress pants. $200 for a nice sweater. $75 for a quality shirt. Business casual shoes go for about $60. These things last a aweful long time, so it's no problem spending money on them.

The nice thing about business casual is that it doubles as dress casual. Add some cheap jeans to the mix for casual. A sweater can serve anything from business casual to casual.

Overall, I don't spend much money on clothes, but there's no shame in buying quality stuff when going shopping.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                        X