Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'gym outfit'?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• yeah. It's so cute. A beige and black hooded jumper that zips up and matching reebok trousers that come down to about my mid calf. Plus gym shoes. Very 8-Mile when I wear it with the hood up.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• This entire thread is pants.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• matching reebok trousers that come down to about my mid calf.
          eww, Starchild! you wear capris! highwater boy!
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            It's so materialistic isn't it, you pay for a name sewed/embroidered somewhere on the thing. The fact remains the same - I think there is rarely a quality issue now as they all seem to be made in sweatshops in China.
            totally missed this, but sorry - that's a bit of parroting if anything at all

When you start comparisons with your higher end group actually in the high end - quality definitely becomes a concrete factor. We're not talking about the same fabrics, or fabrication. We're not either talking about the same functional design or quality control

Furthermore, the more costly fashion brands generally have nothing to do with sweatshops or cheap Chinese labour. If you're thinking something more general like GAP, fine - but the actual upper brands and creams of quality are of Italian make, of German, of Dutch. In between - the labour starts to sink somewhat to your example - ie.) Turkish, Morrocan, etc; but all still in comparably superior quality. Hey, even a lot of Gap products are intrinsically superior to bare pricing, same design product

Granted - additional price paid is usually nearer to exponential the additional quality received, and there are plenty of market 'reputable' lines playing nothing more than niche rip off artist. In the end, it's pretty simple. Do you want a bombshell closet full of deteriorating products at 50$ - a manageable and simple closet half full of lasting, fully functional and date worthy products at $500 - or a lean rack of the latest, impeccably produced Eurotwat trend at $5000?

Some of us go for an average combination of the three

Comment

• I spend approximately 200$ on clothes in an average year (including shoes, socks, and underwear).
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• My girlfriend spends around 6000$
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• high maintenance

your girlfriend's probably hot

Comment

• i doubt it... we're dealing with KrazyHorse over here... kitten boy
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Hasn't he posted pictures of his girl before? I recall her being hot, though obviously missing the necessary bits and pieces.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I recall her being hot
                        say that again, Asher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
                          say that again, Asher?
                          Hot, attractive, beautiful, sexy...

Something you would not understand.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• You do realize we're talking about a woman, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer
                              You do realize we're talking about a woman, right?
                              IIRC, it's a French-Canadian Woman.

I spent 18 years pretending to be straight, grew up in a society with heterosexual ideals, and I have eyes...I know what an attractive woman looks like.

I'm sure 99% of men know what an attractive man looks like, too. Most won't admit it.

Comment

• I'm sure 99% of men know what an attractive man looks like, too. Most won't admit it.
                                you know... just admitting a man is attractive doesn't necessarily make you a homosexual...

yeah but it doesn't help

Comment

Working...
                                X