How much do you spend on clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend on clothing?

I'm not much of a clothes person, but I spent nearly $700 on it today, which is easily the most I've ever spent at one time.

So how much would you pay for a shirt, trousers and shoes?

Among the crap I got today, I bought a "nice" shirt for $135 (although I'd usually spend 50-70 bucks) some Jeans for $110 and $190 for a pair of boots (on sale).

Am I a lamer n00b clotheswise, or a terrible wastrel?
    Only feebs vote.

It's been a while since I went shopping for clothes, but that seems like a lot.

Shirts: $35
    Pants: $45
    Shoes: Around $100

$700 would be about how much my entire waredrobe, including underwear and shoes, for an entire week would cost.

Unless I needed a jacket.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I buy new clothes when the old ones get worn out. Hence my fashion is still stuck in the 90's.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Fortunately the cyclical nature of fashion means that I can claim to be ahead of my time showing off the latest retro looks. (yep, keep telling myself that)

Comment

Is grunge back yet?
          Monkey!!!

Comment

I was too young for adult grunge clothing.

Comment

How can you pay so little for shoes. I destroy cheap shoes so I always try to buy expensive ones.

Doc Martens boots are really good. I've had four pairs and my current pair are 5 years old and still in excellent condition.

I don't care what people say about trendy labels, buying labelled footwear is a must for me.

Japher: 50-60 $Canadian is about 40 bucks US, so there's not that much difference there.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I buy new clothes when the old ones get worn out. Hence my fashion is still stuck in the 90's.
                I don't even care about fashion. I always buy the same things: loose jeans, t-shirts and a few collared shirts. Most of the time I wear football strips anyway.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Probably more than most, but I'm a bit of a fashion whore (except in a more refined, conservative sense).
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

So how much would you pay for a shirt, trousers and shoes?
                    Shirt: depends on what type of shirt. I'll say $20 - $40.

Pants: $30 - $50.

Shoes: ~ $75. Sneakers would be cheaper.

-Arrian, who is in style as often as a stopped clock is correct.
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Agathon: Forgot it was in monopoly money... that's about right then.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                        Probably more than most, but I'm a bit of a fashion whore (except in a more refined, conservative sense).
                        Isn't a "refined, conservative" whore one who engages in the activities that the "refined, conservative" upper classes like? - For example, bondage and humiliation.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I have spent next to nothing on clothes for the last year but I intend to buy a whole new wardrobe soon.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I ****ing hate that Tommy Hilfiger guy. He makes nice jeans that fit me, but now I will have to spend an hour picking the bloody labels off them.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Oerdin,

But for me, this whole camoflauge thing doesn't work. I mean, you go into the jungle and I can't SEE you! If you're going to fight, CLASH!

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X