How much do you spend on clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

less than $50 a year I'd say.

I wear jeans that are over 5 years old. And I always get 5 years out of my shoes. Underwear I wear until the elastic goes out. Socks I wear until they get too many holes.

Comment

The only "brand name" expensive stuff I buy is jeans and underwear.

And the jeans are only Banana Republic.

Other stuff is like Quiksilver, DCShoes, etc.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Its definitely worth it to spend money on shoes. I don't like cheap shoes.

Pants I'll commonly spend about 100 bucks on. But I haven't brought new pants for about 3 yrs now. T-shirts and shirts are usually anywhere from 20-50 a pop. I don't know how much I spend on average. I update my wardrobe usually in one big splurge every now and again.

Comment

what i'm wearing right now?

Hanes t-shirt... probably like a dollar
          Tommy Hilfiger boxers... close to 10
          XXXL Tall T-shirt $4
          State Property Work Shirt $60
          Sean John jeans $80
          Sean John belt $20
          Lugz boots $50

someone was real bothered once by my mixing and matching of brands... he said state property dont get along with badboy, why would you rock both labels' clothing lines at the same time? now that's plain stupid.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Pants I'll commonly spend about 100 bucks on. But I haven't brought new pants for about 3 yrs now. T-shirts and shirts are usually anywhere from 20-50 a pop. I don't know how much I spend on average. I update my wardrobe usually in one big splurge every now and again.
            Hallensteins?
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer

XXXL Tall T-shirt $4
              Sean John jeans $80
              Sean John belt $20
              Lugz boots $50

someone was real bothered once by my mixing and matching of brands... he said state property dont get along with badboy, why would you rock both labels' clothing lines at the same time? now that's plain stupid.
              Why the hell would you buy Tommy Hilfiger boxers?

Tommy Hilfiger screams suburban white boy.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Tommy Hilfiger screams suburban white boy.
                And apparently also thirtysomething philosophy lecturer, if I can't get the labels off.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

XXXL Tall T-shirt $4
                  Sean John jeans $80
                  Sean John belt $20
                  Lugz boots $50

Hanes t-shirt - $1
                  boxers, from wal-mart, $1 (hey, if i'm not getting laid that day why waste effort on looking nice)
                  t-shirt - $14
                  old blue jeans - $20
                  cheapo belt - i dunno, a couple bucks
                  socks - <$1
                  shoes - $50, but they're pretty old

why wear expensive belts? that's one thing I never got. A belt is a completely utilitarian thing. It serves no fashion purpose. It holds your pants from falling off your ass.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Asher:

Tommy Hilfiger was also the most popular brand in the cities only a few years ago... it's recent fall from grace causes me to wear their boxer shorts but not their external clothing

mitchell,

t-shirt and old blue jeans? not to sound metrosexual, but do you want to look dirty? I got to look my best at all times...
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Boo to the ghetto kids always trying to copy us suburban white boys.

Comment

You should wear some Abercrombie stuff, Speer. Start the inevitable trend.

Comment

metrosexuals

Comment

metrosexuals
                            homosexuals

Comment

umm... you got it backwards... didn't tommy hilfiger design for the much more upper class crowds: the country clubs and yachting? Wasn't Ralph Lauren (who is still very popular in the city) also like hilfiger in this regard?

what it is is that the rich people start out with the fashions, the poor people copy so they can look rich, then the suburbans take it when the poor people move on to something else...

the surge in rap labels having clothing lines (phat farm, sean john, rocawear, etc.) has kind of put a wrench in that whole cycle though.

Comment

No, Tommy and Ralph Lauren are dirt cheap compared to Versace and Armani.

Tommy and Ralph Lauren were aimed squarely at the suburban white boy market, and have been out of style for a while now.

Hanes --> Ghetto/lower-class
                                Tommy --> Suburban/middle-class
                                Armani --> Rich/upper-class

Comment

Working...
                                X