No announcement yet.

How much do you spend on clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ghetto ass girls wear Gucci, Prada, Dulce and Gabana, versaci, etc... or fake equivalents.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Average price of my clothes:
      Let see, after converting to USD.....

Shoes: $100
      Pants: $10-$15
      Shirts:$10-15
      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

They wear whatever Jay-Z or Puffy is talking about in his latest song...
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
          ghetto ass girls wear Gucci, Prada, Dulce and Gabana, versaci, etc... or fake equivalents.
          They'd be the fake equivalents.

I'd really doubt the "ghetto ass girls" could afford a $500 Prada shirt.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Tommy and Ralph Lauren were aimed squarely at the suburban white boy market, and have been out of style for a while now.
            what the hell? can someone smack this man?

Tommy replaced Guess as the most popular poor man's clothing around 1992 or so and it dominated until the late 90's with allegations of Tommy Hilfiger being racist... Ralph Lauren then had a bit of a surge and is still strong ghetto-wise.

if anything, rappers popularized Tommy and Polo... I know Hilfiger would say that himself; i've seen an interview where he said straight up that rappers popularized his label.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'd really doubt the "ghetto ass girls" could afford a $500 Prada shirt.
              and you'd doubt "ghetto ass dudes" could afford $200 S.Carters or Air Jordans... the ghetto is filled with money, it's just spent stupidly.

Comment

what the hell? can someone smack this man?

Tommy replaced Guess as the most popular poor man's clothing around 1992 or so and it dominated until the late 90's with allegations of Tommy Hilfiger being racist... Ralph Lauren then had a bit of a surge and is still strong ghetto-wise.

if anything, rappers popularized Tommy and Polo... I know Hilfiger would say that himself; i've seen an interview where he said straight up that rappers popularized his label.
                That's bull, rappers are more into bling than the simplicity of Tommy.

And what the **** are you doing watching interviews with gay fashion designers?

Bend over already.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

and you'd doubt "ghetto ass dudes" could afford $200 S.Carters or Air Jordans... the ghetto is filled with money, it's just spent stupidly.

Ghetto kids spending money like us suburban white boys.

When will it end?

Why do they look to us for leadership?

Comment

ASHER:

Baggy pants, oversized athletic jerseys, expensive sneakers, long a fashion standard of the hip-hop community, have become the unofficial uniform of suburban fans. And thanks to music videos, films and hip-hop magazines, teens in the suburbs and outside the U.S. can stay informed with "what's going on" in the city.

This suburban emulation of urban style not only confirms the cross-cultural popularity of hip-hop, but it also recognizes the importance of the "street" in determining fashion trends. In the world of hip-hop, "street credibility" means acceptance. And for the fashion industry, attaining "street credibility" can mean big profits.

Comment

But not all big fashion designers lack credibility with the hip-hop community. Tommy Hilfiger, in particular, has achieved unparalleled success with the hip-hop community by bridging the gap between urban cool and classic preppy. His clothing has been worn by a virtual "who's who" in the world of hip-hop. Everyone from Snoop Doggy Dogg to KRS-One have donned Tommy gear, while other rap artists, like Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest, have praised his clothing in their music.

"And others couldn't figga, How me and Hilfigga, Used to move through with vigga."
                      - Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest

Besides the bright colors and baggy fit of his clothing line, Tommy Hilfiger's success in the hip-hop community also may be attributed to aggressive marketing and foresight. While most of the big fashion designers were ignoring the hip-hop world, Tommy Hilfiger courted its most prominent rappers and showered them with apparel. His moment of triumph came when Snoop Doggy Dogg performed on Saturday Night Live in 1994, dressed from head to toe in Tommy clothing. Snoop's performance exposed Tommy Hilfiger to a national audience, and according to industry estimates, Tommy Hilfiger sales increased $90 million dollars that year.

Comment

I cave, Speer, you know way more about fashion than me.

to ghetto kids trying to debate like us suburban white boys.

Comment

fashion trends

expensive labels

Ted Striker
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

see Asher, i was right... rich guy comes up with the fashions... he 'hip-hopizes' it a bit... poor people seize it, rappers popularize it... suburbans copy...

Comment

ted striker:

do you want to look like a slob? I assure you that dressing well will get you to hit it more often.

Comment

see Asher, i was right... rich guy comes up with the fashions... he 'hip-hopizes' it a bit... poor people seize it, rappers popularize it... suburbans copy...
                                See, it comes down to everyone trying to be like us rich suburban white boys.

Then again, the people with a brain never bought Tommy to begin with. Nothing more than re-badged Hanes.

The only designer stuff I buy is CK, and that's because they truly have more comfortable underwear.

Comment

Working...
                                X