Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You, as a Human Being, be Willing to Shake Hands with a Jew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    You honestly think the two (USA and Saudi) are comparable?

No. The United States is a tolerant country, while Saudi Arabia is a pseudo-Islamist state chock-full of anti-Semitic *********. We're better than they are, which is exactly my point.
    But there are more tolerant "pseudo-Islamist" states than Saudi Arabia.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No. The United States is a tolerant country, while Saudi Arabia is a pseudo-Islamist state chock-full of anti-Semitic *********. We're better than they are, which is exactly my point.
      And that subjective opinion had absolutely nothing to do with my argument anyway!
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Who cares about your "argument"? I certainly don't. I was dealing with Drogue's misleading analogy...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

These people don't have any fantasy at all. They could have come up with much better (and nastier) punchlines:

"I would dip my hand into pig's blood or anything similarily un-cosher, first."

"Yes, I would give them a handshake with a concealed electrode rigged to a car battery. Zap!"

"If he was hanging from a cliff, you bet I'd give him a handshake. A good one too."

"I would take off my wedding ring first. It's precious to me."
          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
          George Orwell

Comment

Who cares about your "argument"? I certainly don't. I was dealing with Drogue's misleading analogy...
            I take it that if you don't want to address my argument, I take it that you concede? And you fail to show how Drogue was misleading. I don't think many people would concur with that assessment. Furthermore, my argument was to the effect that it wasn't misleading, which, as you don't want to address it, you do concede! So thus, you must also concede that his analogy holds.
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Saying that "Israelis talking about Palestinians" is the opposite of "Saudis talking about Jews" is obviously misleading...

I take it that if you don't want to address my argument

What argument? All I saw was some anecdotal comments about the differences between Islam and Judaism. Then again, I don't really read your posts, so maybe I missed it...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Seriously now, if you find this stuff alarming, stop and think that the Israelis and the Americans are currently doing the best they can to prove those prejudiced people correct. State and religious propaganda cannot hold unless there is some evident truth behind it. And that truth is shown on the evening news, every day.
                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                George Orwell

Comment

Saying that "Israelis talking about Palestinians" is opposite as "Saudis talking about Jews" is obviously misleading...
                  That is not the case for the reasons that I posted, that you were so eager to reject without addressing.

Comment

I already have, more times than I can count...

I have no doubts this is real, sadly. The only question I would have of veracity is if they really got man in the street answers, or just handpicked some people before hand to give stock answers.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Would you, as a freedom fries eater, in this land of the free, tolerant, open minded, propaganda-immune country, be Willing to Shake Hands with a French?

What kind of [emotional] answers could a USA TV have gotten some months/years ago?

I don't believe it is an hoax.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Would you be willing to shake hands with William Shatner?
                        David Hasselhoff? (Germans need not answer this question - we already know )
                        Elton John?
                        Robert Mugabe? ()
                        Michael Schumacher?

Comment

The only question I would have of veracity is if they really got man in the street answers, or just handpicked some people before hand to give stock answers.

Considering Suadi newspapers regularly run stories about "Expose: Jews use children's blood in matza bread", and the Protocols of Zion is a best seller (as it is also in Egypt and Syria)...

I think this poll is reliable.

Even if it is edited, it clearly shows what the Saudi state TV thinks the answer should be.

Comment

stop and think that the Israelis and the Americans are currently doing the best they can to prove those prejudiced people correct. State and religious propaganda cannot hold unless there is some evident truth behind it. And that truth is shown on the evening news, every day.

Boils down to:

stop and think that the World Jewery and the Brittish are currently doing the best they can to prove Nazi claims of Jewish agressiveness correct. State and ethnical propaganda cannot hold unless there is some evident truth behind it. And that truth is shown on Nazi newsreals, every day.

--

to point:

You already know that the common folk in arab states get slanted, and sometimes fabricated news.
                            An undercover israeli reporter during the war in Iraq, once showed how al-Jazeera faked a story.

Saying "fighting them would only prove their prejudic is right" is very nice and evolved, but the prejudice existed long before the Iraq war and before the 67 occupation and even before the state of Israel.

Many arab leaders (including Palestinian prominent leader grand-mufti Husseini) had ties with the Nazis and expressed open support of their cause to rid europe and the middle east of Jews. The propoganda is rooted ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry
                              Would you, as a freedom fries eater, in this land of the free, tolerant, open minded, propaganda-immune country, be Willing to Shake Hands with a French?

What kind of [emotional] answers could a USA TV have gotten some months/years ago?

I don't believe it is an hoax.
                              Without a doubt, nearly all Americans would have been willing to shake a french person's hand.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                As is yours about the US. The US is not a Jewish nation, Saudi Arabia is an Islamic one. You'd need to compare the opinions of the people of a Jewish nation towrds the Palestinians for it to be a fair comparison.
                                Smile
                                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                                X