Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You, as a Human Being, be Willing to Shake Hands with a Jew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guy looks like Borat. And the interview seems like a Borat segment. Yet it isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
      Btw, don't argue with Kuci.
      He's just trolling
      Clearly I'm completely serious.

Comment

Heresson, I was just repeating one of the morans who got interviewed.

Hopefully this was just a piece of propaganda and not a representative selection of Saudis. But I wouldn't bet on it.
        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Clearly I'm completely serious.
          Jydging on Your other posts, I wouldn't be suprised

Ganger: I know!
          (don't hit me!}
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

I saw this thread title and thought it was toast. My little game thread was closed by Rah after a few posts (**** knows why BTW) but this thread is onto 4 pages so far. Oh, the inequity of poly OT :sigh:
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
              You do have to laugh at some of these people. Makes you think about the kind of f**k ups that make them think that .
              European media?
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                I don't think it's a hoax. I do think, bare in mind also that I'm Jewish, that the best reaction to this is not a politically correct post-holocaust reactionary "omfg teh anti-semitics lets bomb them and rid these people from the face of the Earth and correct them of their *wrong* opinions" because really, in effect, that's exactly the same that they do in terms of their attitude.

I think the best course of action is to understand why they think like that, and address it.

Bare in mind most of them are uneducated, not particularly clever people, impressionable to what they are told, both directly and culturally. The two real problems here are the conditions in which they have lived, which creates a tinderbox for the second problem of a few number of extremist idiots who start lighting fires, so to speak. Change what it is that has made them think that.
                That was a pretty racist comment if I may be so bold.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

It's human nature to hate those who have resources we want. It feels good to hate, and it's solidifying to have a common enemy.

I bet there wouldn't be one person here, bending over backwards, voicing their disapproval, who does not feel pleasure playing games like Civ, fighting enemies and acquiring their territory. If it feels good in a game, then all the more should it feel good in reality. Instincts that work in our favour usually feel good.

It's human nature - get over it. More importantly, try to recognise where your discriminations may lie. It might not be towards gay eskimoes, so give yourself a big pat on the back. But such feelings would be there somewhere, waiting to come out.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

BTW, what Prophet did the Jews kill. Several of the respondents made that allegation.

Comment

• Jesus?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Albert, you made a very natural point when you said that 'the whole thing started' when the state of Israel was established.
                        However, I think that having such an action to be like an 'original sin' that can't be wiped off is a ridiculous idea. If so, Germans and French would hate each completely, and the same with many other ethnic groups that today live in peace.
                        Why? Because they have had tolerance bred into them at an early age. That hasn't happened in Saudi Arabia, not because of the creation of Israel, but rather because it's rulers, and indeed its extremist form of Islam, is anti-semitic. It's a fundamentalist regime where many ordinary have been brainwashed to hate Jews, and for them its as normal as 2+2=4. The world spins on its axis, and the Jews are trying to take over the world. It's one of their axioms.
                        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Jesus?
                          I think you are right.

It would be interesting to see if any of these Jew-haters would know of the early alliance of Jews with the Arabs against the Romans/Christians. That resulted in very good relations between Jew and Muslim that lasted for a very long time.

Comment

• I would shake the hand of a Jew, but only after vivisecting it.
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                              I would shake the hand of a Jew, but only after vivisecting it.
                              I'm sorry Oncle Boris, but that remark was in extremely poor taste.

Comment

• Don't say that! Edit it before He sees that!
                                His words are backed with a phallic symbol!
                                (IAW, what did You expect? )
                                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X