Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty girls with petty politics.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    If you can;t see the difference in the quality of writing and wit between the two, then you are sad.


    So you believe Michael Moore to be the epitome of wit? How would you gage wit, Gepap?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Ben Kenobi




      So you believe Michael Moore to be the epitome of wit? How would you gage wit, Gepap?
      Oh, he most certainly is NOT the epitome of wit by a long shot, Oscar Wilde is witty. Micheal Moore has a few Good lines here or there, but he is a better film maker, in terms at least of editing and pacing. Ann Coulter has shown NO decernible merit, either in her ideas, or her writing skills. She she is like a rabid chihuahua- tennacious, rabid, with a certain amount of insane zeal and determination, but intellectually empty.

      So, in terms of Wit (with interesting points of interest)

      Wilde>Shakespeare>Creator of Dilbert>Creator of Zits>Micheal Moore>a roll of toilet paper>dirt>Ann Coulter>an atom.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

      Comment


      • #63
        If she hates the 'liberal media' so much, why's she submiting collumns to them?
        What does she have to lose? Either they publish her writing, or they reject her.

        I tend to agree with the newspaper when they said that this piece was "unussable" and "not funny" I think they're looking for political commentary that might actually have some insight into the democratic convention, rather than this article full of childish name-calling and vitriolic frothing that barely even mentions the convention at all.
        Which is why I would not use Coulter for a balanced assessment of the convention. She's a satirist, with a popular niche.

        The only people who take her serious are herself, and fellow lunatics.
        Even Coulter enjoys the reactions she gets from her articles. She doesn't believe in what she writes, but she does come near enough to the mark to provoke others.

        Republicans and conservatives are usually the first to say what a nutjob she is, because they're the ones actually threatened by her (through association).
        Am I not a conservative? I don't feel threatened by her, or by what she writes, since I could care less what liberals think about her. I understand why she is writing, and it's a unfulfilled niche.

        "Liberals" just laugh at her desperation and bittnerness.
        Then why don't they publish her so they can all point and laugh? Old age is uncomfortable when dry bones are mentioned in the proverb.

        Have you seen her interviewed or read transcripts? She takes herself completely seriously, and she expects people people to do the same.
        I have read an interview, and the complete opposite picture emerges, of someone who enjoys her approach.

        but there is nothing clever or subtle about her writings - it's all vicious, desperate, hateful frothing.
        No, it's not subtle, but neither is this an age which appreciates subtlety.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

        Comment


        • #64
          I have seen times in when Coulter makes some vicious little joke, it falls flat while she expected it to sell like hotcakes.

          I think if we did a poll here of simply conservatives, you Ben are THE SOLE person who thinks anything of her save "insane *****"
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

          Comment


          • #65
            Ann Coulter has shown NO decernible merit, either in her ideas, or her writing skills. She she is like a rabid chihuahua- tennacious, rabid, with a certain amount of insane zeal and determination, but intellectually empty.
            Now, look at the powerful response she garners from you. Tenacious, zeal, rabid, determined.

            Obviously there is something she writes to provoke such a reaction.

            If there were no content, or the content was bland, then she would get no such reaction.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

            Comment


            • #66
              I think if we did a poll here of simply conservatives, you Ben are THE SOLE person who thinks anything of her save "insane *****"
              Apolyton is hardly representative of the population.

              And I take your bet. What are your terms?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Ben Kenobi


                Now, look at the powerful response she garners from you. Tenacious, zeal, rabid, determined.

                Obviously there is something she writes to provoke such a reaction.

                If there were no content, or the content was bland, then she would get no such reaction.


                You don;t get it, do you? If a rabid chihuahua bit into your leg, I bet you would react strongly. You might even see a certain joy of life in its fiery insane eyes, in the way the spit flies off, in the way it holds on to your leg even as to try to shake the damned thing off.

                But you would hardly attribute to it intellect, wit, anything close to "artistic merit", and nor would you take it any more seriously than as a massive irritant when the things gets too close.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Ben Kenobi


                  Apolyton is hardly representative of the population.

                  And I take your bet. What are your terms?
                  I said simply conservatives, not the whole group. Heck, we had a couple of conservatives stop by and they said she was nuts.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    You don;t get it, do you? If a rabid chihuahua bit into your leg, I bet you would react strongly. You might even see a certain joy of life in its fiery insane eyes, in the way the spit flies off, in the way it holds on to your leg even as to try to shake the damned thing off.
                    But that takes talent to write that way, to convey these emotions.

                    Thanks for demonstrating my point.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Ben Kenobi


                      It takes skill to do it the way she does.
                      Interresting to note that for you, insults and lies are 'skills'.

                      So let me try:

                      Could some english native help me.
                      When she says:
                      As for the pretty girls, I can only guess that it's because liberal boys never try to make a move on you without the UN Security Council's approval.

                      and
                      The people sporting shirts emblazened with the "F-word" are my opponents

                      Isn't the correct word patner?
                      Or is she liberal?
                      Or some cold-@ss b****, wanting to be with the men without being F-ed?

                      I think I get it, she must be lesbian!
                      Also, as always, the pretty girls are on my side


                      OK, I'm afraid I'm not so 'skilled'... I lack training probably. Here in Europe, you can't be a professional insulter, that's against the law.
                      You are far too liberal in USA.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Ben Kenobi


                        But that takes talent to write that way, to convey these emotions.

                        Thanks for demonstrating my point.
                        you are close to hopeless, but here we go:

                        I bet deep down, many conservatives want to think the thoughts she writes down, utterly unoriginal, nasty things, but with a sort of energy of their own, just like people can get a kich out of aniumal cruelty or pedophelia. Common sense, self-control, and a basic human decency keep those ideas in check for most, but since Ann lacks all of those, she blurts whatever comes ito that nuggin of hers. These people get a vicarious thrill of seeing someone say what they don't dare say cause they know better-there is still an excitment.

                        Same with porn. It takes no wit NOR intelliegence to make money by showing people have sex. Pornography is not known for its wit-wit in pornography is beyond the point. And of course, porn is also popular.

                        Ann coulter peddles is right-wing intellectual pornography. Its that simple.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I can only guess that it's because liberal boys never try to make a move on you without the UN Security Council's approval.
                          Which there is some truth...

                          Or some cold-@ss b****, wanting to be with the men without being F-ed?
                          **** in this sense is used as a derogatory insult, not as the desire for sex.

                          Here in Europe, you can't be a professional insulter, that's against the law.
                          But you can be a satirist, and there are plenty of those in Europe.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Which there is some truth...


                            Bull**** you pussified conservative Christian....
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Bull**** you pussified conservative Christian....


                              I include myself in that assessment, KH.

                              These people get a vicarious thrill of seeing someone say what they don't dare say
                              Which is not far from the mark.

                              Very perceptive!
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Ben Kenobi




                                I include myself in that assessment, KH.
                                So you're a liberal now?

                                I don't get it. That really was rich, coming from you...
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X