Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French language lessons. Mods please read it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French language lessons. Mods please read it!

Right. I've been thinking about it. I know english is the language we agree to use except for the evil finns who get special privileges for some reason.

What I'm asking and proposing is this. We all (or some anyway) know a 3rd language. However if we don't practise it, it will go away. I can honestly say my english has improved and been enriched considerably from posting here.

I'd like to extend this to other languages. Like french.

I'd like to ask for this thread and this thread only to be a french language lesson thread. All the people who know some french (more or less it really doesn't matter) they could come to this thread and post.

Other people would reply, always in french, and this way we could practise and ameliorate ourselves in french too. Interaction and participation after all is the best method of learning.

We would be making lots of mistakes etc but we WOULD be getting better at it with each post.

Maybe there will not be enough interest and the thread will die, assuming you let it exist in the first place. Or maybe it won't. Who knows.

Seeing as there are the coffee shop threads, I don't think it would be too much to ask for just a single thread where people are permitted to post in french and learn and practice the language more.

I offer this proposition to your evaluation.

I know that there are quite a lot of people who speak more or less french and could participate.

If french speakers would like to visit and post I'd say they are more than welcome. (although and without wanting to cause bad feelings, I'd ask canadian speakers to not use a lot of localisms when they speak french).

Anyway, this is my proposition for you to allow or discard.

Thanks.

I actually agree the above poster
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

oui
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'd like to extend this to other languages. Like french.

I'd like to ask for this thread and this thread only to be a french language lesson thread. All the people who know some french (more or less it really doesn't matter) they could come to this thread and post.
        Merci, Paiktis!

I would request such a thread as well, since French proficiency in writing would be a big job asset to me here in Canada.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

D'accord. C'est une bonne idee.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Vu comment mon Anglais a progressé en écrivant sur 'Poly, ça me paraît naturel de participer à ce thread pour aider les autres à progresser (je veux dire, aider "passivement", parce que corriger les erreurs de grammaire, c'est vite fatiguant)

Given how my English progressed by posting on 'Poly, it feels only natural that I in turn help the others by posting in this thread

(I do not intend to subtitle all my posts)
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Je suit d'accord, aussi. Malheuresement, mon contribucion will be tres pauvre.

(Taking french next semester. I would also love to improve my proficiency in Castillian, btw )
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Je croix c'est un meilleur idee tu veins a une site francais pour commencé une course a la langue francais.

Peut-etre il y a aussie encore d'autre peuple qui a plus encouragez par ton anglo-phobe trolles, et toi gagnez plus respect que ici.

J'espere tu acheté une 'keybord' francophone, parce-que c'est une 'mal de derrière' d'ecrire francais avec une keybord anglais (et une keybord Grec aussie, bien-sur )
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Peur-etre il y a aussie encore d'autre peuple qui a plus encouragez par ton anglo-phobe trolles, et toi gagnez plus respect quand ici.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Parlant des classes...

Je ne peux pas ecrire ou lire en la langue de ma famille, (Bengali) et mon universite a une classe pour ca langue pour le premier fois (c'est etrange parce que beaucoup de personnes parlent ca langue), alors je la prendrai la prochaine semestre.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

I will venture to write in french, even though we DO NOT yet have authorization from the Mods.

Germanos, t'as comme meme raison a ce que tu dit. La raison pour la quelle j'aurais prefere que ca soit en Apolyton et pas dans un autre forum, c'est parce qu'ici je connais beaucoup de gas avec les quelles on peut discuter comme des amis. Je serrais come un entranger dans un autre forum.
                      Je sais que c'est difficile d'ecrire en francais sans avoir un clavier francais. J'espere que Je vais decouvrir une solution pour que ca change

Comment

Merde.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I take it this a yes?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                            Merde.
                            It looks like 'see you in a week' is much shorter in French then in English.
                            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Ramo:
                              Tu peux prendre une classe pour la langue de te famille? Tu ai beaucoup de bon chance! Je ne peux pas prendre Russe dant mon Universite, parsque ils ma fait abandone la classe.

( I don't know how to say "The will eject me out the course" )
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X