Iraqi Transfer of Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    Unlike the right... I give a **** about Iraqi's. I want their lives to be better.
    With your plans, the whole country would go down the gutter.. so really you don't care.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
      How about the reality.. the incompetence of your own eyes and ears?
      Wait, you mean the hundreds of dead GI's
      Thousands of Iraqis
      Giving up partial control of two towns to the militants
      Rolling blackouts due to inability to keep up supply of energy
      Multiple kidnappings
      That fact this was a small and rushed ceremony...
      the prisoner abuse scandal
      etc. etc. etc.?

If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        oh wait Time Magazine is just leftist lies right? They are a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory organization that hates Bush.
        You have to remember left and right is relative to one's position on the political spectrum.

If you are all the way to the right, everything would be leftist to you.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Wait, you mean the hundreds of dead GI's
          Thousands of Iraqis
          Giving up partial control of two towns to the militants
          Rolling blackouts due to inability to keep up supply of energy
          Multiple kidnappings
          That fact this was a small and rushed ceremony...
          the prisoner abuse scandal
          etc. etc. etc.?

How about the good things that have happened for a change?

The growing oil production
          20 universites now operating, 40+ technical insitutions?
          Health care facilities that are being reconstructed?
          Schools being rebuilt?
          Agriculture starting to get it off its feet?

And there are a few more...

And the left doesn't care about Iraqis or the soldiers there.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

And if it is in Time Magazine, it must be true also? Gotcha.. you just dug a hole in the ground too deep. And I'm not throwing a ladder.
            The Fezaverse must be a starnge place really, given that I only commented on your foolish comment and made no comment about anything else.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I thought this was a brilliant move to mess with the planned "party" on the 30th. Now they will be directly attacking their own government with the next terrorist attack. Watch the popular tide turn in Iraq because now it is getting real personal with no Americans to credibly blame. Also you can expect a real show of force against the insurgents now from the interim government. Sorry for you lefties that there may be some success in Iraq someday. Maybe when it happens you can give the credit to your pal Michael Moore.

Comment

The growing oil production
                20 universites now operating, 40+ technical insitutions?
                Health care facilities that are being reconstructed?
                Schools being rebuilt?
                Agriculture starting to get it off its feet?

And there are a few more...

And the left doesn't care about Iraqis or the soldiers there.
                They're repairing the physical infrastructure.... that the invasion and anarchy damaged in the first place! None of this changes the fact that the Iraq state will be a failure.
                Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Well of course to the left, economic growth is a serious problem, stability is also bad, and an interim government is evil. I just don't get it. Consider this my last response to you guys who think this was a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil

They're repairing the physical infrastructure.... that the invasion and anarchy damaged in the first place! None of this changes the fact that the Iraq state will be a failure.
                    Actually nothing changes the fact you're full of it.

Comment

• What I'm trying to say, you monumental idiot, is that in the short term, the economic situation won't make any difference. The interim state is not cohesive enough to last.
                      Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Knevil
                        What I'm trying to say, you monumental idiot, is that in the short term, the economic situation won't make any difference. The interim state is not cohesive enough to last.
                        It isn't supposed to last, afterall it is an interim government. Elections are going to be called. Additionally, you know nothing about Iraq. And insults won't get you anywhere.. maybe one of the mods can deal with you.

I have had it responding to your vague responses. Go harass and insult somebody else.

Comment

• The American hating left is like a gnat. People are trying to work and do a good thing and they sit on the sidelines picking every effort to pieces to satisfy some inner need, I suppose, to say "I told you so". Why don't you know-it alls go lend a hand to the people you constantly condemn for doing what you don't have the guts to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lincoln
                            The American hating left is like a gnat. People are trying to work and do a good thing and they sit on the sidelines picking every effort to pieces to satisfy some inner need, I suppose, to say "I told you so". Why don't you know-it alls go lend a hand to the people you constantly condemn for doing what you don't have the guts to do?

I love this moronic mentality certain people have. Everyone who disagrees with them is a member of the "American hating left". Get a clue, read a book, and STFU.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

I love this moronic mentality certain people have. Everyone who disagrees with them is a member of the "American hating left". Get a clue, read a book, and STFU.
                              Again with the insults... I ask the moderators do something about Sava and EK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

And everyone who disagrees with you is part of the right-wing religionist brainwashed flock of sheep.

Comment

Working...
                                X