Iraqi Transfer of Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannubis

and how would you describe the state of iraq right now then ?

a very stable democracy ?

Is that how you would describe Germany in 1946?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
      We transfer power two days earlier than scheduled in an attempt to save lives against any staged attack...and this is a bad thing?
      No. You transferred power two days early to steal the spotlight from Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" success.
      What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

No. You transferred power two days early to steal the spotlight from Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" success.
        I doubt it. Very much so. Put away the tinfoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

I doubt it. Very much so. Put away the tinfoil.
          You "doubt it"? That's it?
          What?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Is that how you would describe Germany in 1946?
            you know, I never remeber hearing about those terrorist attacks in German 46-oh wait, there were few if any..

Oh, and that glorious liberation decree-, oh, no wait, we never called it a liberation, but an occupation outright, form the start, given Germany was the agressor. But we can forget that too, no?

If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Give me a break gepap, there were countless terrorist attacks and this was going on until 1949 in Germany. Don't you lie about history like that.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Anybody see Doonesbury yesterday?
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

to tranfer of power...

nothing much is changing... the US is giving the impression the unelected, US appointed, illegitimate, unpopular Iraqi Governing Council has more power now. This group is made up of primarily former exiles with little or not popular support within Iraq. If the US is trying to fuel a nationalist revolution on the part of the Iraqis, this will be a very good move. Because the Iraqi people aren't going to see this group as being legitimate. It will probably fuel more violence.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Dan Rather has admited that he's a political leftist and that he colors all of his articles with his political ideology. Think of him as a blander version of Moore or Coulter. Does that sound like a reliable source of news to you?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh the glorious Sava makes a complete jerk of himself as misrepresenting the facts of yet another historical event. You are wrong Sava. I've seen indications that this interim government actually has significant amounts of support (in fact a majority). It is highly unfortunate you can't see reality of this event, even if it hit you in the face. Unfortunate really.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                        Give me a break gepap, there were countless terrorist attacks and this was going on until 1949 in Germany. Don't you lie about history like that.
                        provide a shred of evidence for this fezbot.

Comment

It's a conspiracy, Microsoft does not bow to European demands... huh? opps wrong thread...
                          "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Dan Rather has admited that he's a political leftist and that he colors all of his articles with his political ideology. Think of him as a blander version of Moore or Coulter. Does that sound like a reliable source of news to you?
                            yes- speically compared to every single anchor in Fox, like Cavuto.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

provide a shred of evidence for this fezbot.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                                yes dan rather is a leftist

why'd you say something so stupid oerdin?

if there's any question about Rather, one should only review the news leading up to and during the Iraq invasion. Rather was beating the "patriotic" war drums harder than anyone in the "mainstream media".

Rather a leftist... stop with these silly assertions oerdin, I just might **** myself in laughter.

Oh the glorious Sava makes a complete jerk of himself as misrepresenting the facts of yet another historical event. You are wrong Sava. I've seen indications that this interim government actually has significant amounts of support (in fact a majority). It is highly unfortunate you can't see reality of this event, even if it hit you in the face. Unfortunate really.
                                I could list each member of the Governing Council and post facts about their past... but facts are usually lost on you. Take Allawi for instance... he's a former CIA asset. Take Chalabi... I think we all know how Chalabi manipulated the dopey chickenhawks into believe the US would be welcomed with open arms.

Just pay attention to the news in Iraq Fezzikins. And I will forgive you for your errors after you see how the violence is getting worse. I guess last week's attacks were just all leftist lies eh? Like Wolfowitz said, all the reporters are just hiding in Baghdad making up rumors, eh?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X