Iraqi Transfer of Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
    Your undying hero-worship of Bush kinda negates your credibility too, honey.
    Bush is better then Kerry. And you have one thing wrong, I don't agree with Bush all the time.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

So you don't agree with the Defense of Marriage amendment; that was a given.

And no, he isn't but let's not have that debate, m'kay?
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        So you don't agree with the Defense of Marriage amendment; that was a given.

And no, he isn't but let's not have that debate, m'kay?
        Bush is better. That's my opinion. But lets keep this to Iraq please.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Re: Iraqi Transfer of Power

Originally posted by Giancarlo
          the CPA has handed power over to the Iraqi Government of Iyad Allawi.
          CPA as in "Communist Party of Apolyton"?
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Re: Re: Iraqi Transfer of Power

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

CPA as in "Communist Party of Apolyton"?
            Coalition Provisional Authority.

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

The next time a pro-war person tells me that we can't give the insurgents/'terrorists' a victory by reacting to them I'm throwing this right back in their face.

BTW, can anybody name a sucessful country that gained it's 'independance' in secret ceremony held in a bunker?
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

No word about any Al Qaeda persons being captured. Then again if they were trying to keep it secret I doubt they'd bother telling me.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                    it's a total US stooge. nice for a larf
                    Paiktis: It's a provisional government who's sole job is to organize nation wide elections by next January.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time
                      - Neal Stephenson, in Cryptonomicon
                      THIS IS ME!!!!!

Otherwise: I don't really think of any us know what will happen now. From one perspective, the Iraqis who were against the US before might be still against them now, as the government appointed hasn't been appointed by them as yet-it's just a bunch of Iraqis.
                      The true test, I think, will be the elections. They will determine the fate of Iraq and maybe even the world. Then we will see not only a semi legitamate government, but we will also know (however so much one can know this) the attitude of Iraqis towards themselves and others.
                      Then again there may never be elections.
                      Or there will be but they'll be riddled with violence and vote rigging.
                      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

This is really a victory over the terrorists, and it shows their plotting and murdering will never sway the American or Iraqi people to do what they want.

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                          This is really a victory over the terrorists, and it shows their plotting and murdering will never sway the American or Iraqi people to do what they want.

Except we moved the transfer up two days just in case the insurgents were planning to hit them on the appointed day. Seems we wanted the handover to happen on June 30th, but had to scrap that because of their plotting and murdering swayed us to do otherwise.

[TROLL]
                          Funny, seems the terrorists have influenced what the West does yet again...
                          [/TROLL]

Comment

Shut up, Drose. This is actually making a victory over terrorism. If you even try to suggest it is handing the terrorists a victory, you have a distorted view.

Comment

You did notice the [TROLL] coding, right?

Comment

Victory for Iraqis
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X