Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Funny.

I thought it was always the critics and analysts who did their respective disciplines poorly.

That's why they became critics, and analysts and not poets or coders.
    You don't understand the position of analysts in the coding world.

Analysts are the people that coders come to when they have problems with some code. They'll analyze the code, and tell you how to fix it.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

You don't need to assert it verbosely, anyone who can read your trite crap can hear the arrogance and condescending tones oozing out of it.

Thank you for proving my point.

Nonsense, I'm trolling, and you're biting back with a passion full of effeminite "little boy" references and quotes to obscure literature references as if it proves anything. Further, it's highly amusing to me, because you apparently don't get that you're doing the same thing I'm doing, while condemning what I'm doing at the same time.

I wouldn't be surprised if you threw your purse at me if we were having this conversation in the real world.
      Hardy har har. There's nothing inherently 'effeminate' about little boy references. Perhaps you're feeling a mite defensive there, eh, little boy?

The references aren't to 'obscure' literature, by the way- well, at least not obscure to those who have read more than 'Windows 98, Second Edition', or think that Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales' are children's literature.

You're not simply trolling, you're showing the world what a horse's arse you are, incapable of constructing an argument, without either lying outright, or constantly misrepresenting the other person's point of view.

Congratulations, you have a great future in Conservative politics.

I don't own a purse, by the way. Interesting that you should mention it though- got a secret collection of man bags, have you, or filched some of your female relatives' handbags?
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Congratulations, you have a great future in Conservative politics.
        Eh, and here I am arguing in favour of the merits of poetry.

Politics has nothing to do with this issue Molly.

Perhaps you should stick to what you know, eh?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
          Hardy har har. There's nothing inherently 'effeminate' about little boy references. Perhaps you're feeling a mite defensive there, eh, little boy?
          Oh come on, there's obviously an effeminate tone with your posts. I bet if you asked most people, they'd expect you to be some effeminate guy raving.

The references aren't to 'obscure' literature, by the way- well, at least not obscure to those who have read more than 'Windows 98, Second Edition', or think that Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales' are children's literature.
          They are obscure, because they're sure as hell not mainstream. You need to look at the world from a real perspective for ones. I may refer to the K&R C or The Dragon Book as things that aren't obscure, but I'm pretty sure you've no clue what they are.

You're not simply trolling, you're showing the world what a horse's arse you are, incapable of constructing an argument, without either lying outright, or constantly misrepresenting the other person's point of view.
          How the hell is it possible for anyone to construct an argument for or against poetry? Anyone with half a brain would know it's impossible.

Which is why it's fun to troll people who seem to take it personally, especially those that come up with the most ridiculous insults and personal shots that I've heard in a long time.

Comon, hit me with another Danny Bondaduce permutation.

I don't own a purse, by the way. Interesting that you should mention it though- got a secret collection of man bags, have you, or filched some of your female relatives' handbags?
          Purses aren't large enough to hold all of my 'accethorieth'.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is all he knows. I've never seen him make any posts of note, all of them revolve around weird cultural references and bad camp jokes. Usually puns of some sort...

Comment

Physician, heal thyself.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Physician, heal thyself.
                I'm not the one deeming asher as 'unqualified.'

And if you're so clever, what part of Canterbury tales, did I pull that translation from?

Can you find the middle English original?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Oh come on, there's obviously an effeminate tone with your posts. I bet if you asked most people, they'd expect you to be some effeminate guy raving.

How the hell is it possible for anyone to construct an argument for or against poetry? Anyone with half a brain would know it's impossible.
                  So now it's not the references that are effeminate, it's the tone.

Brilliant- you can't even be consistent.

If anyone with a half a brain knows it's impossible to construct an argument against poetry, what are you doing in this thread- other than demonstrating you have less than half, of course?

'I'm pretty sure this is all he knows. I've never seen him make any posts of note, all of them revolve around weird cultural references and bad camp jokes. Usually puns of some sort...'

Asher

Which says perhaps more for your lack of observation and comprehension, than it does for your accuracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
                    So now it's not the references that are effeminate, it's the tone.

Brilliant- you can't even be consistent.
                    I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was mutually exclusive. Please accept my deepest apologies, sire...

If anyone with a half a brain knows it's impossible to construct an argument against poetry, what are you doing in this thread- other than demonstrating you have less than half, of course?
                    Having a lot of fun with you, obviously.

Which says perhaps more for your lack of observation and comprehension, than it does for your accuracy.
                    See? No substance, at all.

Comment

• Monolith:

As for the reference to 'Cross of gold', you have one of the best men never to become president.

William Jennings Bryan.

Comment

I'm not the one deeming asher as 'unqualified.'

And if you're so clever, what part of Canterbury tales, did I pull that translation from?

Can you find the middle English original?
                        What part of 'The Canterbury Tales' did you pull what from? I can't read your mind.

I don't need to deem Asher as unqualified- he's done so himself. If you don't read a text, you can hardly offer a critique of it, can you?

So far he's claimed that 'most' poetry is ****.

I don't believe he's read 'most' poetry, so I don't believe he's qualified to comment on the quality of 'most' poetry.

Comment

• I can't believe you're seriously making that argument.

Most of anything is crap. Most movies are crap, most poetry is crap, most code is crap. It's impossible for everyone to read "most" poetry, but it is certainly possible to gain some exposure and generalize.

The fact that you're even attempting the argument that I haven't read most poetry in the world is just awesome, and I commend you for it, but I also feel a bit of pity for you as well.

Comment

• molly:

This is the quote I'm referring to.

Now, points to the one who can figure out this one.

Before I leave, my lords, I warn you through
                            my words, it would be hard to find today
                            In all the towns, Griseldas, three or two
                            When put to similarly strict assays
                            You would see the gold, so poorly alloyed
                            With brass though the coin appear so fine
                            It would rather break than bend in time.
                            That's why I thought you made the reference to Canterbury Tales.

Now I just see that this was part of your flame on Asher, so forgive me for assuming some measure of wit in your posts.

Comment

Now I just see that this was part of your flame on Asher, so forgive me for assuming some measure of wit in your posts.
                              I will, for I would never presume to find any in yours.

Asher had earlier made a slighting reference to having read 'the Canterbury Tales' before high school, as if somehow that diminished it in quality.

You're quoting Chaucer's 'Clerke's Tale' in any case, the discussion of marriage and the person of patient or long-suffering Griselda.

Comment

• Cool.

Now, why don't we try to show Asher some of the beauty of poetry?

Wouldn't that be more effective than calling him names?

Comment

Working...
                                X