NHL Playoffs, Round *ing 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    oh wait, you cant see it cuz it was in nabokovs glove for a sec before he starts pushing his stick in his face.
    He didn't glove it, he was covering it. He was fishing for the puck until the whistle blew, which is not only legal, but it's standard behavior...

slashing a goalie who clearly has the puck in his glove is goon behavior. protecting you goalie is the time honored tradition of hockey,
    So you protect a goalie by pushing people on top of him, then pounding the back of their heads?...

What kind of hockey do you play in San Jose, and since when can anyone who lives in San Jose talk of time-honoured traditions of hockey.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

If that's the case, I would be pissed off if I was management on the Sharks. The last thing I want is some player ****ing with sure-shot goals to do something stupid like that.
      which is entirely another point. why you avoiding the issue? just admit yous was wrong.

People lose sticks all the time. It was a bump, the guy didn't even fall down.
      sticks dont just fall out of hands

Hell, maybe he should've been called for throwing his stick, or perhaps diving.
      i wouldnt mind, as long as you call kipprusoff for diving in game 2.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

So you protect a goalie by pushing people on top of him, then pounding the back of their heads?

Asher, sometimes I wonder if you even watch hockey. If you don't think that pushing a player down and then punching him after that player slashed your goalie isn't a time honored tradtion of hockey then you don't watch the game.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          which is entirely another point. why you avoiding the issue? just admit yous was wrong.
          Why was I wrong?

Hmm. He stopped, waited, shot the puck into the net. That's bad sportsmanship. I don't buy the feeding argument, since he didn't feed it. He didn't even look back.

Just admit yous was wrong.

sticks dont just fall out of hands
          They do when you do it intentionally to try to get a penalty call, or if you're holding it loosely.

i wouldnt mind, as long as you call kipprusoff for diving in game 2.
          Absolutely not, because it wasn't diving. I've not heard anyone -- no commentators, no people -- but you who insist it was diving.

Not that it matters, because the Sharks played like ass in game 2.

My, what goons the SJ fans are.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

:52
            Calgary
            Ville Nieminen: 2 Minutes for Crosschecking Jonathan Cheechoo

19:16
            San Jose
            Mike Rathje: 5 Minutes for Fighting Chris Simon

Calgary
            Chris Simon: 2 Minutes for Roughing Mike Rathje

Calgary
            Chris Simon: 2-Minute Bench Penalty for Instigating Mike Rathje

Calgary
            Chris Simon: 5 Minutes for Fighting Mike Rathje

Calgary
            Chris Simon: 10 Minutes for Misconduct Mike Rathje

Calgary
            Jarome Iginla: 2 Minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Calgary
            Jarome Iginla: 10 Minutes for Misconduct

Calgary
            Jarome Iginla: 10-Minute Game Misconduct
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Asher, sometimes I wonder if you even watch hockey. If you don't think that pushing a player down and then punching him after that player slashed your goalie isn't a time honored tradtion of hockey then you don't watch the game.
              I didn't say that -- I said people from SJ shouldn't mention time honoured traditions of hockey.

I don't think pushing players on top of your goalie is a time-honoured tradition of hockey, but that's just the opinion of a humble Canadian.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Hmm. He stopped, waited, shot the puck into the net. That's bad sportsmanship. I don't buy the feeding argument, since he didn't feed it. He didn't even look back.
                  yeah he did, watch the replay

Absolutely not, because it wasn't diving. I've not heard anyone -- no commentators, no people -- but you who insist it was diving.
                  well, you heard it here first. commentators were too busy talking about how the sharks were done.

Not that it matters, because the Sharks played like ass in game 2.
                  ya, pretty much.

Comment

Um... Asher:

Calgary

Calgary

Calgary

It pays to read
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Um... Asher:

Calgary

Calgary

Calgary

It pays to read
                      Yeah, I just saw that.

Comment

• Erm.
                        You just proved that it was Rathje who started the fight, not a Flames player...

Nice one.
                        uh no. look underneath - 2 minutes for instigating mike rathje.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                          yeah he did, watch the replay
                          Okay, where can I find it...

Comment

• I thought the game was good, and Nabokov was as he should be. I think Simon really needs to cool off on the ice, he got us way too many penalties tonight. And Iginla needs to just chill.

I'm just waiting for the next home game to be over with so we can win the next away game in San Jose.

Calgary sucks at home in the playoffs, for whatever reason.

Comment

• I didn't say that -- I said people from SJ shouldn't mention time honoured traditions of hockey.
                              nah, you see we can metion time honored traditions (no u, whats that all aboot eh? ) because we play by them.

I don't think pushing players on top of your goalie is a time-honoured tradition of hockey, but that's just the opinion of a humble Canadian.
                              which did not happen on that play

hey by the way, what did nieminen do the cujo last series?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                                nah, you see we can metion time honored traditions (no u, whats that all aboot eh? ) because we play by them.
                                The time honoured tradition of hockey is to play it in Canada, not in a warm climate like California.

which did not happen on that play

hey by the way, what did nieminen do the cujo last series?
                                I've no idea, actually. I didn't get to watch that game. I do know he was suspended for something, though. \

I'm not a Niemenen fan, by the way. Especially after Game 1 of Calgary/Vancouver. He's a jackass that seems to stir up trouble for the team than anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X