No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs, Round *ing 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach's Corner: Cherry is... not too pleased with a reporter at the Calgary Herald.

And rightly so.

You tell 'im, Coach!
    "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
    "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Calgary doesn't have newspapers, it's actually a lie. the only thing readable is on the import level (National Post)

we scoff at the Herald, wipe our asses with the Sun, and stuff our bleeding women with the Globe & Mail

(the cute ones get tampons)

Comment

Awesome game, very close.

I thought both teams played very well, and Nabokov has definintely redeemed himself this game.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

game was alright, pretty close all the way, although the flamers show that they are little whining *****es with inflated egos who play dirty. sharkies might use that to get fired up, you can tell they're getting tired of ville's antics.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I think they had a right to whine after the non-calls in the third.

I also think it was extremely poor sportsmanship for the shark to stop and then shoot it into the net, and I think he did deserve the bump from behind from Iginla for that, but I also think there was lots of bad sportsmanship on behalf of several key Flames players near the end.

When you're in a building with nearly 20,000 screaming fans, you're losing a game, and one of the ***** on the other team stops and rubs it in with that shot in the empty net, emotions run high and fists can fly.

I wouldn't say anyone on the Flames has inflated egos. The only "stars" on the team are Kipper and Iginla. Kipper is about as far as you can get from an inflated ego, and Iginla is clearly a team player from the start.

If you want inflated egos, look at Detroit.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

goones, the lot of them. you didnt see the sharks starting fights or taking cheat shots when they were losing.
              a big thunbs down to the lack of class by the team from calgary. you'd think they would be a little mature about things, seeing how they have a hockey tradition. i guess its frustrating when you lose to the upstarts. nieminen should get suspended for his hit on davison.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I also think it was extremely poor sportsmanship for the shark to stop and then shoot it into the net
                except he only stopped to feed it back to marleau who gave him the steal and the assist on his breakaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  goones, the lot of them. you didnt see the sharks starting fights or taking cheat shots when they were losing.
                  a big thunbs down to the lack of class by the team from calgary. you'd think they would be a little mature about things, seeing how they have a hockey tradition.
                  Since 1980 isn't a huge tradition.

And yes, the Sharks did start fights in the first couple games. Hell, they started some this game too.

Did you not see Thorton mercilessly pounding on the poor guy who was pushed down onto Nobokov? "Goones" indeed.

nieminen should get suspended for his hit on davison.
                  You have to be kidding me -- on what grounds?

Comment

except he only stopped to feed it back to marleau who gave him the steal and the assist on his breakaway.
                    Um. What the f*ck are you talking about?

I'm talking about the empty net goal at the end. He went up to about 10 feet right infront of it, stops completely, then puts it in. That's poor sportsmanship, because it's akin to saying "this is too easy!" to the losing team in the final minutes, when they're feeling the pressure from 20,000 screaming fans. He was asking for the bump from behind.

Comment

Did you not see Thorton mercilessly pounding on the poor guy who was pushed down onto Nobokov
                      pushed down my ass he kept on slashing at nabokov with his stick to try to get the puck lose.

Comment

I'm talking about the empty net goal at the end. He went up to about 10 feet right infront of it, stops completely, then puts it in. That's poor sportsmanship, because it's akin to saying "this is too easy!" to the losing team in the final minutes, when they're feeling the pressure from 20,000 screaming fans. He was asking for the bump from behind.
                        thats the one i was talking about. he wanted to feed it back to marleau, as a thank you for the feed he got earlier.

Comment

pushed down my ass he kept on slashing at nabokov with his stick to try to get the puck lose.
                          When you see the puck, you go for it -- that's standard for every NHL player.

Pushing the player onto the goalie and then thumping him with your fist to the back of the head is not standard, and I would classify it as goon behavior...

Comment

You have to be kidding me -- on what grounds
                            on the cheap shot.

bump from behind - right, the bump that rips the stick out of his hand. and then theres the other thug who sucker punches rathje.

Comment

When you see the puck, you go for it -- that's standard for every NHL player.
                              oh wait, you cant see it cuz it was in nabokovs glove for a sec before he starts pushing his stick in his face.

Pushing the player onto the goalie and then thumping him with your fist to the back of the head is not standard, and I would classify it as goon behavior...
                              slashing a goalie who clearly has the puck in his glove is goon behavior. protecting you goalie is the time honored tradition of hockey,

Comment

thats the one i was talking about. he wanted to feed it back to marleau, as a thank you for the feed he got earlier.
                                If that's the case, I would be pissed off if I was management on the Sharks. The last thing I want is some player ****ing with sure-shot goals to do something stupid like that.

bump from behind - right, the bump that rips the stick out of his hand. and then theres the other thug who sucker punches rathje.
                                People lose sticks all the time. It was a bump, the guy didn't even fall down.

Hell, maybe he should've been called for throwing his stick, or perhaps diving.

Comment

Working...
                                X