Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's la grenouille furieuse when I need him! He can hurl s around with an abandon I can't!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
      Where's la grenouille furieuse when I need him! He can hurl s around with an abandon I can't!
      After a buzy week with too much work I am too lazy to catch up with the thread today... and I don't see the point of hurling around when Havak is right.

You are right: deux larrons en foire...
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• I forgot to mention a very important news (at least for me ).

The Stade Toulousain has won its game away from home against the Biarritz Olympique thirsday.

Biarritz Olympique 25 - Stade Toulousain 26

I was expecting a loss four days after the H-Cup final only and some hard times to come... I feel a bit more confident now though there is a real test sunday as the Stade Toulousain is facing Biarritz again (return games of the play offs).
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• That is good news. The Heineken Cup needs all the big clubs to qualify - and there is none bigger than Toulouse.

Besides - where would we be next year if neither Tigers nor Toulouse are in the Heineken?

*edit* Heh Finbar Bond is still on Sale's books - but has been omitted from the match 22 on Saturday. Go on - give us your support?

I didn't know anything about this before stumbling across it - but it is funny stuff and worth reading.

Naughty Boks select Zimbabwean - impartial NZ adjudicator throws the book
          Last edited by Havak; May 28, 2004, 11:05.
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• About you criticism of Toulouse's defence, read again Havak's post after the game. Though the Wasps mainly won because of two defensive fumbles from the Toulousains there was some great defensive and forward play
            Saying that Toulouse had a good defense when they made three errors in the game would be ok if the Wasps hadn't scored one try each time. Toulouse really shot themselves in the foot by having a bad line defense and missing too many kicks. And playing Poitrenaud too? Quite frustrating. The Wasps didn't miss the few opportunities they had, which made the difference.

By the way, I'm going to Toulouse on June 11 to play against people working at Airbus down there. I think I had a planning of the day in Toulouse sent by our coach and president, but I wonder where I may have lost it.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
              After a buzy week with too much work
              About time you got off your cul!

You are right: deux larrons en foire...
              Deux branleurs!
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I forgot to mention a very important news (at least for me ).

The Stade Toulousain has won its game away from home against the Biarritz Olympique thirsday.

Biarritz Olympique 25 - Stade Toulousain 26

I was expecting a loss four days after the H-Cup final only and some hard times to come... I feel a bit more confident now
                After a one point win? Oh well, nécessité fait loi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                  Besides - where would we be next year if neither Tigers nor Toulouse are in the Heineken?
                  *clasps hands in prayer*

Dear Lord, give me the strength to resist the urge to give this the thrashing it deserves.

*edit* Heh Finbar Bond is still on Sale's books - but has been omitted from the match 22 on Saturday. Go on - give us your support?
                  Yes, I noticed he wasn't in the team. Sorry. He could've been. That's enough for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDiCesare

Saying that Toulouse had a good defense when they made three errors in the game would be ok if the Wasps hadn't scored one try each time.
                    And from someone who has played hooker!

By the way, I'm going to Toulouse on June 11 to play against people working at Airbus down there. I think I had a planning of the day in Toulouse sent by our coach and president, but I wonder where I may have lost it.
                    Mmmm. The Toulouse Airbus XV playing at home. An assessment of Tamerlin's attendance record indicates a 33% chance he'll be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
                      I didn't know anything about this before stumbling across it - but it is funny stuff and worth reading.

Gee, the siege mentality is alive and well on the veldts. As is the errant apostrophe.

Comment

• Stade Toulousain 25 - Biarritz Olympique 18

Three games in eight days for the Stade Toulousain and two victories in a row against the Biarritz Olympique. The players were obviously tired today and they have still managed to win thanks to the bit of luck that fled from them against the London Wasps. The qualification for the semi finals is now well on its way, moreover the Stade Français lost its game against the Club Athlétique de Brive at Brive which means that the Stade Toulousain is now first of its pool along with the Parisians. Ending the first of its pool would allow the winner to avoid playing against the Union Sportive des Arlequins de Perpignan who won at home against the Association Sportive de Béziers after an impressive game. The foreign legion seems to have finally acclimatized itself as Dan Luger, Manu Edmonds, Scott Robertson and Perry Freshwater played very well. Manu Edmonds is the barometer of the team, when he plays well the whole team is playing well.

Comment

• Oh dear.

Em, sorry Cali. Hope you didn't miss it.

We can only wonder what might happen if England today took on the might of Wales. The score against might go into 3 figures.
                          And lets hear no more of those excuses about it being the 20-somethingth best English side please?

[Hmmm.
                          I found an article eventually but the link itself took me to a google translation site?
                          A hint that my English is deteriorating perhaps? ]

I imagine there was more to it than simply fielding a foreign-born player - eligibility rules violated etc?
                          There are rules set up to allow for such and if they're followed there shouldn't have been a problem.

That said though it does look bad for a Kiwi to be judging such a case and the penalty sounds rather overly harsh ...
                          Last edited by ravagon; May 30, 2004, 22:32.

Comment

Stade Toulousain 25 - Biarritz Olympique 18
                            Good effort.

Manu Edmonds is the barometer of the team, when he plays well the whole team is playing well.
                            The NSW Waratahs, desperate for a creative 5/8, are talking about bringing him back. They actually need a creative 5/8 who can kick well, too. From my memory of him, he's not an outstanding kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravagon
                              Oh dear.

http://www.planetrugby.com/News/story_36460.shtml
                              I'll be interested in Havak's report. I never know what to make of Baa-baa matches.

Comment

• That was clearly England second team, and the baa baas had very good players who probably didn't lack cohesion more than the English. The result doesn't mean much, then.
                                Clash of Civilization team member
                                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                                X