NHL Thread: String Bertuzzi Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a Vancouver fanboy aren't you?
    Who's agreed to a 15 game suspension and a hefty fine.

That is a HUGE penalty for a sucker punch, given that this will take out the first three games of the playoffs.

You come up from behind (not even from the front!)
    He came from the side.

then force him onto the ice
    Momentum carries him over so that he falls. You try slugging someone on the ice, and see how easy it is to keep your balance.

I don't agree with what he did, but I don't think it is fair to demonise Bert, nor that he intended to hurt the other player.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You're insane.

What was he doing then, if he did not intend to hurt the player he was punching without warning?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

God is on Vancouver's side!
        God wouldn't ban Bert, if Bertuzzi agreed to pay for the salary lost by the other player and for the medical treatment caused by his actions, and if he apologised for his actions.

So the league has a different standard of accountability, then God would have.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

That is a HUGE penalty for a sucker punch, given that this will take out the first three games of the playoffs.

Too little. I'd personally have taken him out of the first round the playoffs and an addition 15 games next year.

He came from the side.

Watch it again... he came from behind (I saw it enough on Sportscenter).

I don't think it is fair to demonise Bert, nor that he intended to hurt the other player.

OF COURSE HE DID! If he didn't, he'd come from the front.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

if he did not intend to hurt the player he was punching without warning?
            Let's see, your team is down 9-2. Your captain and most skilled player got taken out by your bitter rivals. You can't do anything to rectify the situation, so angry and frusterated, you lash out.

Comment

OF COURSE HE DID! If he didn't, he'd come from the front.
              So when you are pissed off, you have time to think things through clearly?

Comment

ok.... so we've all given our opinions on what should happen, what do you folks think the league will do when then discuss it tomorrow?

I think the arbitrary number that Ben and I just came up with seems to be about right for the league, but the hit's gotten a heck of a lot of bad press. Will they suspend him for longer?
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                  Let's see, your team is down 9-2. Your captain and most skilled player got taken out by your bitter rivals.
                  "...a month ago..."

You can't do anything to rectify the situation, so angry and frusterated, you lash out.
                  "...in a blatant attempt to injure a player who took out your captain a month ago in revenge".
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    No, but you can still intend to hurt someone without thinking clearly...

Comment

The hit happened weeks ago. Clearly this was premeditated and that is what British Columbia will assert when it brings Bertuzzi up on aggravated assault charges (which they are planning on doing),

What the league WILL do? Probably the rest of the season and the first round of the playoffs.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

BTW, 0-0 at the start of the third of Edmonton vs Calgary is on right now.

Comment

but the hit's gotten a heck of a lot of bad press.
                          And Vancouver ain't the media darlin's like the Avalanche.

What the league WILL do? Probably the rest of the season and the first round of the playoffs.
                          That's not that far from the 15 games that jon and I agreed on.

So what's the beef, Imran? Hockey too brutal in general for you?

Comment

Make that 1-0 Calgary.

Nieminen's first goal as a flame.

Comment

Clearly this was premeditated and that is what British Columbia will assert when it brings Bertuzzi up on aggravated assault charges (which they are planning on doing),
                              If it is premediated, then why have one of the stars on your team take him out? Why not use your goons, who have much less consequences to the team?

Comment

Hockey is a rough and tumble game, different from Baseball and Football, and Basketball. All of these games have much less physical contact than hockey.

When is the last time you saw a Football game? Less physical contact than hockey

So what's the beef, Imran? Hockey too brutal in general for you?

American football is much more brutal. But they don't allow boxing to take center stage. They leave that for the more uncivilized sports.

I'm not the one calling the hit on Naslund to be a 'cheap' shot either.

Comment

Working...
                                X