No announcement yet.

I've hit a girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting aside the principle that it's generally wrong to hit anyone, certain women have learned to take advantage of new social norms. In the bad old days it would have been unthinkable for a woman to be physically aggressive, now it isn't.
    All I know is if some woman tried that on me, I'm gone.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

that was an extreme situation... and it wasn't bad
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        I don't see why anyone should fuss about men hitting women if women hit men.

Putting aside the principle that it's generally wrong to hit anyone, certain women have learned to take advantage of new social norms. In the bad old days it would have been unthinkable for a woman to be physically aggressive, now it isn't.

In my view, what's happened is that there has always been a territorial contest between the sexes conducted by manipulating social norms. For example, it has long been taboo for men to touch women, yet women are generally allowed to initiate contact with men. There's a type of women who revels in getting one over on men by groping them when they don't like it, since they know that social norms will protect them from retaliation and complaining about it just makes you look like a *****.

Even women who profess to be egalitarians enjoy playing this game for all its worth - because they know that equality doesnt really mean equality when it comes to social interaction. Women currently have the advantage in this game because social restrictions that applied only to them have been lifted, while men are still sanctioned for much the same things.

I don't see anything wrong with what Azazel did. If women really want equality then this is the price they pay - you can't rely on the same gender roles you despise to protect you from responsibility for your own actions.
        That's a luvly piece of spam, Ag, but Azazel is talking about a girl that is, an immature female.

As for that crap about women not hitting men in the bad old days - you're talking about middle class etiquette, not working class reality.

I always suspected you were an ex member of the spolit brats brigade - my sus detector just went overload.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

You were ok hitting her.

But it's obviously troubling you, so in the future, before you take any action, think "What would Pekka do?"

Originally posted by Pekka
          Maybe you could have walked away and say 'call me later when you're not being such a *****'.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

"I might not have done the same thing but I don't necessarily think you were WRONG. I wasn't there and don't know how easily you could have walked away or taken some other action"

Say instead of it being a woman it was a weaker man of similar strength who attacked. Would you still then walk away in that situation?
            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

NO WAY, Shi.

But it's obviously troubling you, so in the future, before you take any action, think "What would Pekka do?"

I guess that's the golden rule of thumb.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

OK the "correct" aproach would have been to not be so impulsive in your reaction you were caught by surprise etc. However you're not a wife beater (sic) and the more restraining responce also comes with experience and age. Like restaining her hands behind her back (and if you fancied kiss her).

This reminded me of the a similar incident were I was pucnhed squarely and mercilessly on the nose (heavy punch it was too, saw little stars and everything) by some girl. Without ever having done anything to her. But she liked me and that was her way of expressing it I guess. That was in highschool. My responce was to clamp my nose, have my eyes water and curse. So there you go there are worse.

Comment

It depends on the magnitude of the hit. If it was just a slap to make her snap out of this stupid attitude she has, then I think it's permissable. However, if it was a close fist punch, then it would be way out of line.

Grabbing wrists is a better idea, I think someone already mentioned it.
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

(and if you fancied kiss her).

I am not interested in her. she was a friend. really.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

there is no such a thing as female friends.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I will never hit a woman no matter what the circumstances

Comment

Ted in 3....2....1....
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Instead of hitting her, you should have ****ed her brains out.
                            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am not sure if I follow you, monkspider.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I am not sure if I follow you, monkspider.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X