I've hit a girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've hit a girl.

The 'boys are stupid, throw rocks on them' T-shirt thread reminded me of something that happened during the time I was not posting on poly.

I know this girl, she's a friend of mine, and sometimes we go clubbing together. So one time, we are dancing, and she starts hitting me, like punching and stuff, and not only that this is quite embarassing, and annoying, it also hurts. So I ask her to stop, she doesn't reply, and after a few seconds, she does that again, so I ask her again, after a few seconds, she slaps me on the face, I slap her back, instinctively. She's somewhat shocked, and is insulted. I walk to her, and tell her that though I am sorry that things got this way, I am certainly not ashamed of my actions, and she should've known better. To make a long story short, she has admitted she was wrong.

Question is, do YOU people think I am right?

Should I join the wife-beating crowd in the corner, or what I did was ok?
    urgh.NSFW

girls don't have more rights than boys. she asked you for it.

Comment

Personally speaking, I'd have given her a mouthful of abuse and walked off. I'd only have hit her if it was genuine self-defence- ie a threat of real injury or death.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Hmm... as a child I hit a girl once (she said something REALLY, REALLY hurtful)... and I've always regretted that.

Needless to say, my parents gave me hell over it. Quite right too.

Nowadays when faced with a violent female I grab them by the wrists and tell them to

"STOP!"

It usually does the trick.

EDIT: When I say "Hit" what actually happened was I grabbed for the necklace and tore it off... Messy.
        Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
        "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Question is, do YOU people think I am right?
          Well, I know Judo. There are ways to restrain someone without hurting them. Grabbing wrists are a good way.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

While I was raised not to hit women, you have to defend yourself if the ***** gets too violent. It's usually best to look for ways out of the situation like walking off.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
              girls don't have more rights than boys. she asked you for it.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Some women want to know how far they can push before they get it back. They will push and push and push until you give them a reaction. They want to know exactly what they can get away with.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Probably would've been a better move, either of your proposals, but you all say that generally, I didn't do anything wrong, right? And if so, why was she so shocked

( I won't even get into the whole "why she was hitting me in the first place - just for fun" part)
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

As always when asked if a girl was asking for it, I must respond by asking, "How short was her skirt?".

Comment

Sounds annoying night for you. I don't know if you did the right thing or not. I'm undecided, but that sounds annoying. Maybe you could have walked away and say 'call me later when you're not being such a *****'. I don't know. But she shouldn't have been hitting you anyway. Maybe you could have walked away though.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

When being attacked by a lady, tweaking a nipple is preferable to any kind of unchivalrous punching/slapping.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

That Mega Man in Gibsie's avatar is so gay.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            And if so, why was she so shocked
                            Maybe she thought you would stand there and take it.

Comment

Next time grab her boobs. Then they go 'men think they can just grab womens boobs, it's disgusting!' so you can say 'now you know!'. Perfect!
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X