No announcement yet.

I've hit a girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you were right to assault her, but nor was she to assault you. We seemingly have a problem, which I have actually discussed with some of my female friends, where women consider it more acceptable to hit a man than likewise, even in the hypothetical situation where one uses the same force, or even somehow generated an equal amount of pain respectively.

I think this needs to be address, and the idea of a woman slapping a man should be no more acceptable than the idea of punching a woman. It is assault no matter what, and the idea of differing forces is a misnomer. I'm a big guy and could put a fair amount of force behind me, and yet, if I made an impact upon a female skull, it could well do no damage. A female hit could kill, the line is simply too blurred and the ambiguous notion that men can exert more force I think cuts no ice.

One should also consider some estimates stating that men are subject to four times (thats 400%) more domestic violence than women, though when men respond it does cause more damage (but like I said above that's too vague to use in any logical distinction), and thus women report it more. Also there is something of a taboo for men to admit they are being victimised by their partners, which is another aspect of the testicle that does us more harm than good .

A lot of people need to understand however, that equal rights for women does not mean inferior rights for men.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

You were dancing and she started hitting you?!? Why on earth?

Comment

Then he will get a kick to the balls
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Re: I've hit a girl.

Originally posted by Azazel
          The 'boys are stupid, throw rocks on them' T-shirt thread reminded me of something that happened during the time I was not posting on poly.

I know this girl, she's a friend of mine, and sometimes we go clubbing together. So one time, we are dancing, and she starts hitting me, like punching and stuff, and not only that this is quite embarassing, and annoying, it also hurts. So I ask her to stop, she doesn't reply, and after a few seconds, she does that again, so I ask her again, after a few seconds, she slaps me on the face, I slap her back, instinctively. She's somewhat shocked, and is insulted. I walk to her, and tell her that though I am sorry that things got this way, I am certainly not ashamed of my actions, and she should've known better. To make a long story short, she has admitted she was wrong.

Question is, do YOU people think I am right?

Should I join the wife-beating crowd in the corner, or what I did was ok?

The axiom is "Never hit a lady".
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
            Then he will get a kick to the balls
            erm, actually, I grabbed her boobs once, that was when she went for my shlong, in a similar occasion.

Oh, and why on earth? I don't know.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

*Azazel is a stallion*
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Stud alarm! Lock your daughters and girlfriends, we have a boobgrabber loose!
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

oh, come on, people, it wasn't like that.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I thought the title was "I hit on a girl".

Now that would be rare for Poly...
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm sure it wasn't.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I pushed a girl in high school... in elementary school, I stabbed one with a pencil.

there's a difference between wife beating and a fight/defending yourself...

what you did was not wrong Azazel
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't see why anyone should fuss about men hitting women if women hit men.

Putting aside the principle that it's generally wrong to hit anyone, certain women have learned to take advantage of new social norms. In the bad old days it would have been unthinkable for a woman to be physically aggressive, now it isn't.

In my view, what's happened is that there has always been a territorial contest between the sexes conducted by manipulating social norms. For example, it has long been taboo for men to touch women, yet women are generally allowed to initiate contact with men. There's a type of women who revels in getting one over on men by groping them when they don't like it, since they know that social norms will protect them from retaliation and complaining about it just makes you look like a *****.

Even women who profess to be egalitarians enjoy playing this game for all its worth - because they know that equality doesnt really mean equality when it comes to social interaction. Women currently have the advantage in this game because social restrictions that applied only to them have been lifted, while men are still sanctioned for much the same things.

I don't see anything wrong with what Azazel did. If women really want equality then this is the price they pay - you can't rely on the same gender roles you despise to protect you from responsibility for your own actions.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

I might not have done the same thing but I don't necessarily think you were WRONG. I wasn't there and don't know how easily you could have walked away or taken some other action

I have never raised a hand toward a woman but I cannot say that I would NEVER do so if it was necessary in self-defence.
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

btw, I wouldn't hit a woman with a closed fist (a punch)... I would only use as much force as necessary to defend myself. And never would I initiate contact.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

in elementary school, I stabbed one with a pencil.

OMFG. God bless you, Sava.

Agathon: I'd be careful not to draw borders between the sexes. I mean, in an ideal world, while differing, we should have identical rights in the social construct as well, right? I agree that this is the case in many cases, and in most cases I know. Of course, the real question, is what will change and how can it be changed, at least for us. Personally, I've taken a firm stance not taking crap from anyone. But it's cases like this that make me somewhat uncomfortable.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X