Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you believe homosexuality is a choice, unless you're bisexual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you...I think. Erm...hmmm...yes, wait...yes. Thank you, jimmytrick.

Edit: *Mumbles something about crossposts...*
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      If it was natural selection, why are there still gay people?
      This is a good question. I can't give you an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        If it was natural selection, why are there still gay people?
        There is no natural selection, it's just a lie.

God has created you this way. It's one nasty little part of the punishment for Adam's and Eve's sin: women are supposed to hurt when a child is born. Men are supposed to suffer in their daily life as they get food for the family. And gays are supposed to fvck married women in order not to go to hell
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

This is a good question. I can't give you an answer.
          The answer is that genes do not determine behavior. Even if there were a gene for homosexuality, not all with the gene would end up being strict homosexuals
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            Other than the countries that don't.

And we've seen how well those countries have competed with the Christian countries, haven't we? Face the facts; Christianity=progress.
            But we seemed to make most of our progress as a society when we put religion aside and start thinking logically and to what we can do if we don't put contrived constraints on ourself - tolerance, technological and scientific advancement, welfare, etc, etc...these are all features of more modern secular states, not Christian ones.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

The answer is that genes do not determine behavior. Even if there were a gene for homosexuality, not all with the gene would end up being strict homosexuals
              The word you are looking for is predisposition...there can be a predisposition to a certain type of behaviour. However one has to remember the functions of genes. They do not code for bad behaviour or being a liar - they code for proteins and their regulation. Different genes will affect metabolic pathways in different ways, and/or possess different expression patterns. Remember we are virtually genetically identical to a chimpanzee, but it is about the total combination and interactions of our genome that define us. As you have stated, it is pure reductionism to start going on about the 'gay gene'...however there are genetic factors in how those genes affect brain structure. There may not be a gene, but there are factors in genetics that have a decisive effect.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Ben, no one has proven that genes determine behavior, but they might someday.

We just don't know enough about it yet. It's pretty clear that genetic makeup influences behavior. If you want to deny that, well go ahead. I don't have time to debate the point.

Comment

Of course it's not a choice. Who in their right mind would choose to have sex with men? And FTR I'm including women in that statement.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Ben, no one has proven that genes determine behavior, but they might someday.
                    Either they do or they don't. Assuming that genes determine behavior, how does one explain homosexuality? It can, and has been shown, through examples like this, that genes do not determine behavior. They can influence behavior, and risk factors, but they cannot determine.

If you don't believe me, talk to Starchild.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Re: How can you believe homosexuality is a choice, unless you're bisexual?

Being a homosexual is not a choice (any more than liking chocolate is a "choice"), but engaging in homosexual relations is. My $.02

(I'm not making any value judgements or anything)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                        Who in their right mind would choose to have sex with men?
                        All those men who are frustrated as women now have the taste to have sex only with other women
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

All those men who are frustrated as women now have the taste to have sex only with other women
                          Don't get me wrong. I wish homosexuality was a choice. Then I could persuade other men to become gay which would leave more babes for us real men.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

PH:

Thank you. Yes, I know the word is predisposition.

Comment

Ben. Examine your own Mariah Carey fetish and tell us whether it's a choice or you just go weak at the knees every time you play one of her records.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Examine your own Mariah Carey fetish and tell us whether it's a choice or you just go weak at the knees every time you play one of her records.
                                I've never bought one of her recordings.

Comment

Working...
                                X