Top Ten World Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bull****.

Go look up the numbers. California outputs about a trillion dollars a year.

US as whole is 10 trillion
    China is 5-6 trillion
    Japan is 3.5 trillion
    Germany is 2 trillion
    France, UK, Italy, Russia are all in 1.4-1.6 trillion range

EDIT: this is for ted
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Are we not using PPP? That could change things....
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        2) UK
        Again, where does the UK have diplomatic influence? It's not even top-tier in the EU...
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          Again, where does the UK have diplomatic influence? It's not even top-tier in the EU...
          UK is influential in its former colonies, it is influencial around the world in terms of investment, it is associated with all EU military initiatives (surprisingly), and it is probably the only country that has a marginal influence on Washington's decisions, making UK effectively "first mate" in the US-led world.

France has similar qualities, but has an autonomous foreign policy, and has much more leverage in Europe due to its alliance with Germany. Both countries are competing for the same economical-diplomatic rank. But in the end, they'll become irrelevant as China and India rise (and Russia comes back from the dead), and they'll need to work together to rise to power status again.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

UK has a much greater diplo influence than any euro country other than France.

Nobody wonders what Germany or Italy will think. People do wonder what France and the UK will think.

Actually, a lot more people care what the UK thinks than what China thinks.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Commonwealth nations.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Actually, a lot more people care what the UK thinks than what China thinks.
                You sure? There are a lot of people in China and India.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

All the lovely pink bits. Those are us. Enough lovely pink bits in fact, to be able to tell the Germans to stuff it when no one else was left who cared or could do anything about it.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                    Commonwealth nations.
                    Most Commonwealth nations were against the invasion of Iraq, though.

Comment

1) USA
                      2-5) China, France, Russia, UK (in no particular order, except for the alphabetical one)
                      6) Germany
                      7) Japan
                      No one else deserves to be in the top ten.
                      Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

One Flag, One Fleet, One Empire!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

India

Strange Queen Victoria would be the Empress of India, eh? India's a part of the Commonwealth.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            One Flag, One Fleet, One Empire!
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

As for Canadians not stepping up for the Yanks in Iraq, we tend to blame French influence.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Most Commonwealth nations were against the invasion of Iraq, though.
                                We leave the old bird to go her own way. We turn up when the issue is important.

The Aussies are having a problem with the apron strings though. They seem to have gotten them entangled with that strange uncle.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X